Core 50s Chronarch 50mg Curado 50s

What are you fishing with these smaller reels? Where do you see the greatest benefit of a reel this size? For me it's been shakey heads and wacky rig when not throwing spinning rigs.

2. Member
    I don't know if it is the size alone. The Chronarch MG50 was my go to plastics rig for many years because it casts light lures great and the frame emitted great deal of vibration. now 12 years or so removed form production, I feel it handled FC line super well compared to the new brake systems. The Curado 50 did less of this for me and when I had it was just a moving bait reel that was super nice to hold. Never owned the core.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I use my Curado 50 with 30 lb braid for throwing spooks and my Chronarch Mg50 with 10 lb fluoro for wacky, shakeyhead and spybaits.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

hands down "jerkbaits", and small topwaters.....loved em' as a Senko, Ika reel as well.....
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

5. Member
    I used my core 50 for weightless senkos, 1/8-5/16 oz Texas rigs, and jigs with 12lb fluoro on a 6'10" med x fast rod and for small topwaters, underspins, inlines, and blade baits on a 7ft med fast rod with 10lb mono. I used my curado 50e for small cranks and spinnerbaits. Great little reels with lots of customizing options. They make sweet little pitching reels with the brass brenious gearset and a metanium xg handle, and can handle some really finesse baits with some of the shallow avail spools. I have been thinking of picking a few up while they are still relatively easy to find in good shape. The only thing that has kept me from it is worrying about how hard it will be to source gearsets and other parts when they begin to wear

6. Banned
    The options are endless with spool options, gear conversions, etc. I use my 50 reels for anything from UL baits, to 3/8oz jigs.