Banned

Chatterbait Buzz Baits...

Or was it Chatterbuzz Buzz Baits (can't remember exact name and haven't seen them in a while)... I think they were made in Indiana. They had a flat head that the blade hit... Anyone remember them??? Are the still made???... Dan

http://www.bassalarm.com I think is the same bait
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

3. Member
    https://culprit.com/shop/38oz-buzzbait/
    These are a good to try as well

Chatter buzz???? I have several in packs still. 1/4 oz I think. flat head, with rubber straight skirt?

5. Banned
    The tackle shops down around KY Lake did still carry them.

Clacker or Klacker Buzz.....I have several of them. I dont think the gentleman that I bought them from is still alive though. He made awesome buzzbaits!
    At least we had 1987....

Those are nice looking buzzbaits, but I dont think they aren't the ones I have....or the ones mentioned by the OP.
    At least we had 1987....

8. Banned
    Right you are... Close but no cigar... Looking for 1/8oz size... Dan

Boogerman buzzbaits

10. Member
    One of my favorite buzzers. I saw some at Honey Creek Tackle in Bargersville Indiana a couple years ago. Not sure if they still handle them. The design had changed. They no longer had the twist loop line tie.

Let me check my supply. Bought out a tackle store's stock before they closed. If I have any of the 1/8, I will let you know.

12. Member
    http://www.bassalarm.com

From what I have heard, the old man passed away and the company sat dormat for a couple years. The guy at the link above bought the molds and the hardware. I've ordered from him and the buzz baits are very very close to the originals. Plus the guy was a really nice guy. Give them a shot.

Well, I have no new 1/8 oz. left. Plenty of new 1/4 oz. & 1/2 oz., some even with the twisted eye, but nary an 1/8 in sight. Sorry.

14. Banned
    Dang... Anyone know the name and maker???... Dan

The original Chatterbuzz buzzbaits were manufactured in Evansville, IN by a company called R & S Baits. They ultimately sold the line in the mid 2000's to a gentleman in the Carolinas. It was during this period there was a slight modification to the head to a more keel type style from the original flatter design. Unfortunately, that gentleman passed away and his daughter tried to keep the business going but was unable to do so. A gentleman from Virginia has since purchased the business and it is operated under the Bassalarm name as stated above. Contact them as they may have that original mold still around. Good luck, sir. Not for nothing, you might check out the 1/8th oz. Hawgback buzzbait, it's a great small profile buzzer as well. Made Sullivan, IN.

16. Member
    I used to buy the Chatterbuzz at Dixie Marine. When they stopped getting them my brother and me just started making our own. We make them in 3/8 but we made it more compact at the head of the bait. We use a Mustad long shank spinnerbait hook. We love the clack clack clack when the blade hits the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Or was it Chatterbuzz Buzz Baits (can't remember exact name and haven't seen them in a while)... I think they were made in Indiana. They had a flat head that the blade hit... Anyone remember them??? Are the still made???... Dan