Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 ZX250 Layout

Saw pictures in the latest Bass Times of the new ZX250 with the 2 rod lockers in the center, very interesting concept. Anyone have one yet or seen one in person? Thoughts?

2. Member
    Just looked at one today. Biggest question is where does a net go? Those side lockers are very small espcially the opening

Having that split would drive me insane...I like the big lid myself..I posted in here somewhere after I crawled all over one at the Alabama deer show in Birmingham...zx250 and an fx21... The only thing I like about it is the second day box and the lid on the glove box... The center support means not only do you have to dig a little too get a tackle box out, if you got rods in there on both sides then you more than likely gonna have to remove a few rods in order to do that... Some others have started that they like it but to me and the way I fish and especially how I have my boat set up I wouldn't buy that boat with the deck set up like that....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    Played in one today. You can still use the left side as a rod locker. It is set up to do so. The plan that we came up with today that will be the way I rig mine up when it comes in. Take the tackle organizer out of the rod locker on the left side (which would be where the rods would have gone prior to 2018), you can know fit at least 18 rods with rod socks. Now in the left center box you put a few maybe get used that day rods, in my case my spinning rods. push the boxes towards the right side. this make it so you only have to open the right center box and can easily access all the tackle. Plus you can put the first few rods that are going to be on deck at the start of the fishing day. Was skeptical, but now looking forward to it.

Hhaha I really wanted a zx 225-250 over a fx when they first had the new deck, now they have that layout in the fx, I feel like many people wouldn't spend the extra for the fx but now that skeeter did this trash many people will need to buy an fx...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Hhaha I really wanted a zx 225-250 over a fx when they first had the new deck, now they have that layout in the fx, I feel like many people wouldn't spend the extra for the fx but now that skeeter did this trash many people will need to buy an fx...
    Unfortunately I think they will go to other brands since the price will be ball park for that now.

They'll change it pretty quick I bet...... The zx is a very popular rig... And I'm sure they will be getting a ton of feedback on this.. I'm can't see that the split will be very popular with the team concept that they calling this an improvement for...

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    should have never left the iclass, but I am a bit biased

9. Member
    I like it. I believe most don't like change, but will embrace it and possibly even grow to understand and like the new concept.

The part I find interesting is how little Skeeter has actually discussed the new layout. Several dealers such as Wieda's Marine have done a good job, but I've seen little from Skeeter Boats.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    should have never left the iclass, but I am a bit biased
    X a trillion!

Quote Originally Posted by SOTXRG View Post
    I like it. I believe most don't like change, but will embrace it and possibly even grow to understand and like the new concept.

The part I find interesting is how little Skeeter has actually discussed the new layout. Several dealers such as Wieda's Marine have done a good job, but I've seen little from Skeeter Boats.
    I don't mind at all, I like simplicity...I like storage boxes in my boat to open up not have something in the way... Where I can only see half of it...

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Member
    The BCB Eyra has the coffin lid center lockers. From my experience of other models with the large center boxes, once you get accustom to the coffin lids nothing else comes close.
    The 18 models have the right locker split so you only open a small lid to access the day box. The net holder is also inset in the center.
    I sold my Eyra to downsize, but I do miss the coffin lids. Just an opinion from someone who has used the split lid concept. Not sure if the Skeeters is the same set up.
    Deck.jpg
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Was there a support bar in between the coffin lids if you opened both lids up at the same time on the eyra... That's my problem with this design...

Jonathan Hillstrand

14. Member
    The Eyra opens up 2 coffin lids to 3 different compartments. So yes, there is a cross bar running North and South and another cross support running East/West on one side.

That would drive me insane...I like the way my 15 model opens up and it's open... Nothing in the way... Those cat storage space were prolly individual spaces though... And not one big space with two lids and a bar going across...

Jonathan Hillstrand

16. Member
    I believe the 2018 model now has a separate door for the day box. The two coffin locker space are open between the two compartments, but there is a depression between the two areas where the net is stored. Once you get your tackle set up its really nice. You don't have to step off the deck to open the compartment to retrieve tackle.
    I believe once Skeeter owners experience the new split lockers, they will love it...or hate it.
    Its pretty much the way Eyra owners feel about the coffin lockers. They either love it, or move to a cougar, or other models that have the large open locker.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Member
    I love it!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

I don’t get it. If I have rods strapped to the left and right, and need to get to my tackle that is stored underneath them...?

You can get in your boxes with your rods strapped down... That's with any boat... The Falcon boats are the ones I don't get when it comes to that because they open towards the front... Instead of to the outside...

That is unless you've got a ton of rods on both sides...

Jonathan Hillstrand

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    I don’t get it. If I have rods strapped to the left and right, and need to get to my tackle that is stored underneath them...?
    On the Eyra, only tackle is stored in the center coffin lockers. Rod storage is in the Port and Starboard lockers.
    It seems the two center lockers on the Skeeter is used for Rod storage.
    Many manufacturers have gone to center locker rod storage. Usually there is placement for your Go Too tackle in the center rod lockers.
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 09-21-2017 at 02:23 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast