Praying HELP! LOW OIL BUZZER

Low oil buzzer sounding constantly, this happened while on the water. Checked oil in the reservoir, had plenty of oil. Topped off the reservoir, no change. Motor runs great, good water pressure and pee stream, not over heating. Used trolling motor to get back to the dock, didn't run the motor any longer after buzzed came on.
    If you turn the key on (not starting motor) buzzed still sounds solid beep. I've always used Mercury premium Plus 2-cycle outboard oil.
    The motor is a 2005 Mercury 90hp 3 cylinder carburetor motor. Model# 90ELPTO, serial # 1B14642. Oil is visible in the clear oil tube at the oil pump. No oil leaks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dblanton View Post
    Low oil buzzer sounding constantly, this happened while on the water. Checked oil in the reservoir, had plenty of oil. Topped off the reservoir, no change. Motor runs great, good water pressure and pee stream, not over heating. Used trolling motor to get back to the dock, didn't run the motor any longer after buzzed came on.
    If you turn the key on (not starting motor) buzzed still sounds solid beep. I've always used Mercury premium Plus 2-cycle outboard oil.
    The motor is a 2005 Mercury 90hp 3 cylinder carburetor motor. Model# 90ELPTO, serial # 1B14642. Oil is visible in the clear oil tube at the oil pump. No oil leaks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Sounds like a Bad float in the oil reservoir. Disconnect the low level switch located in the bottom of the oil reservoir and see if the alarm clears to make sure. Float is not replaceable. Either permanently disconnect the level switch and eliminate low oil level protection or replace the oil reservoir. New tanks costs about $120.

3. Member
    Thanks,
    I disconnected the low oil level switch and that eliminated the alarm. Just need to decide if I want to spend the $$$ or just visually monitor the oil level.

4. Member
    or premix
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I had the same thing happen to me last year on my '06 Opti 150. I had to go 5 miles on the TM. Fortunately, I had a good wind on my back. Put the boat in the shop. The oil tank along with a throttle position sensor that was throwing a code and some other odds and ends ended up costing me around $600. Sure glad nothing was wrong.

They told me the float gets saturated with oil after a number of years and won't float no more. Note to Mercury: use a non porous material for the float.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    tell um you heard the glue that holds the magnet to the float lets it fall off of float they'll think your a genius and may offer you a spot on staff as consultant ,heeeeeeheeeee
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Clean and reglue the magnet