Thread: 1999 200 EFI

Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar

1999 200 EFI

What would be the normal operating temperature range of this outboard; and what temperature should this engine to warmed up to before blasting off? Would there be any difference in the warm up procedure between warm weather/water and cold weather/water? Thanks!!!

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

2. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Anyone????????

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

3. Member

4. Banned
    Warm up till the thermostat opens no matter what the air or water temp is. When the thermostat opens you will have a solid stream out of the tale tell/pee hole.

5. Member
    There is 2 thermostats, one on each head. I found this out yesterday when I replaced the one i hope is the ones potentially acting up.
    2000 BassCat Pantera 3
    2001 Merc Opti 200hp

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please be sure to provide the required info when posting (see Announcements)- and ONE engine per thread.

This EFI does use 143 degree thermostats. Once up to temp, you should be at 143, +/- 15 degrees (F) AT IDLE. Temps on plane will vary and may be much cooler due to poppet valve operation.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Hey Larry! Haven't talked to you in a while! I usually wait till I see a good pee stream coming out of the motor and gradually ease into the throttle. I am probably running five minutes at idlle or a little better before I run wide open. I guess you are asking for a friend since your siggy still shows a 250 Pro XS. Hope life is treating you well!

8. Member
    Same as above, I always wait until solid pee stream. In the summer that can be really fast, a little more patience is needed when the water hits the 50's.
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI