Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Have a question for you Spanky since you have the Stunner and Vursa rods. Are these two rod lines made here in the USA ? went to the webpage and it does not state where they are made. I know his earlier rods were made here--was wondering about these 2 lines and since you have them thought I would ask---Thanks

PM sent

Spanky

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Can't really explain it.. But Sanford and Deland (ST Johns River levels) are well below Minor flood level, yet Highbanks Rd. (which is right in the middle) is still at LEAST 3 feet over normal?? The water is still up in the road, over the sea wall and you can't even see the docs yet.. Makes no sense, but is what it is..

Highbanks Rd: Flooded/Closed (Nov 10, 2017)

4. Member
    Unless Highbanks is that much lower geographically?
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firemech048 View Post
    Unless Highbanks is that much lower geographically?
    Yea, it must be a geographical bottle neck or something. This just seems way different than past floods.

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    St. Johns/Lk. Monroe (Volusia Co.) Little by little but still 3+ feet over "normal".. Mid-Late December w/o any measurable rain and it should be back close to normal.

Lk. Monroe Sanford City Marina: Open
    Lk. Monroe (Monroe Park 2$ fee): Open

Lk. Monroe "Free" Ramp (Wayside Park) still severely flooded/closed. No pix, but probably 2-3 weeks still before it reopens.

Highbanks Rd: Flooded/Closed (Still probably 10 days to 2 weeks out yet before this one reopens.)
    Last edited by Mickstix; 11-16-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Sweet Jeezum!!!!, has it gone down at all?, is it ever going down. I gotta find out about Astor, planning on going soon.....

Spanky

8. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Sweet Jeezum!!!!, has it gone down at all?, is it ever going down. I gotta find out about Astor, planning on going soon.....

Spanky
    The 17/92 bridge buoy shows it going down about a .10 foot every 36 hours.. It's taking forever to "see" much improvement. If I was going to fish the river (and actually expect to catch fish) I'd start around Lake George and head north from there.. Haven't heard of anything being caught down this way. Saw some speck boats out but that was it.
    Last edited by Mickstix; 11-17-2017 at 08:37 PM.

9. Member
    Mullett Lake and Cameron Wright ramps are not open but water level is dropping about 10" to 12" a week.

10. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Nothing to see here..

Nov. 25, 2017

Highbanks Rd:

Lake Monroe:

Mick,
    Was able to get in and out of ASTOR today, water was cold and high, we caught only 1 and I had no bites at all.........Beautiful day though.....

Spanky

12. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Mick,
    Was able to get in and out of ASTOR today, water was cold and high, we caught only 1 and I had no bites at all.........Beautiful day though.....

Spanky
    Hope you didn't drive too far for that.. They got quite a bit more rain up there the other day. It was beautiful weather though! Saw a group of jet skis and a couple pontoon boats when I crossed the bridge. They must of been northerners lol, you wouldn't catch me in that water, especially not when it's 65*..

13. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Getting there. Probably open up sometime next week. I've seen it (and used it) when it was about this high. Looks like some pontoons from "parts unknown" have showed up to hit the Swamp Grill..

Dec 2, 2017

Highbanks Rd:

14. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Rode by Highbanks and Monroe "free" ramp the other day (Dec 15, 2017).. I've used both ramps before, with the water higher than it is now, but both remain "closed".. Monroe would take a minute to clear some vegetation on one side, but the Highbanks ramp just needs the chain taken down. No money for the state to make off those two ramps, I suppose? Maybe next time my fishing license comes up for renewal I'll just get around to it whenever I feel like it.

15. Member
    Welaka looks like it dropped about 1.5'-2' from last weekend. River up here is still a little high but getting close to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Rode by Highbanks and Monroe "free" ramp the other day (Dec 15, 2017).. I've used both ramps before, with the water higher than it is now, but both remain "closed".. Monroe would take a minute to clear some vegetation on one side, but the Highbanks ramp just needs the chain taken down. No money for the state to make off those two ramps, I suppose? Maybe next time my fishing license comes up for renewal I'll just get around to it whenever I feel like it.
    Enterprise ramp is open buddy

Lemon Bluff boat ramp is open to

18. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Red! Long time no hear brotha! Though Irma may of got ya for a minute there.. Yea, finding an open ramp isn't the issue, just wondering what they're waiting for, on the two mentioned.. When you getting out? Caught a couple little fellers way up shallow (as shallow as I could get anyway) a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Red! Long time no hear brotha! Though Irma may of got ya for a minute there.. Yea, finding an open ramp isn't the issue, just wondering what they're waiting for, on the two mentioned.. When you getting out? Caught a couple little fellers way up shallow (as shallow as I could get anyway) a few weeks ago.
    Irma who LOL. Nope all is well been hunting every day I can just went and bought 2 more dogs I'll be running hounds until mid January maybe later not sure yet LOL. Poor boat hasn't ran in Forever I need to get it out a little mad at Florida right now about the gator permits seeing as how I paid and return two of them and that's good keep catching a small ones leave the big ones for when I get out there with you
    And tell Dom to keep my seat warm during the winter want summer gets here he's got to go

20. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    I hear ya on the boat rust.. Mine doesn't play well after long down periods, but the (local) fishing/water hasn't been worth a crap to get out there lately.. If you get an afternoon that's warm, hit me up if you want to stretch the Gambler (or mine) out! Fishing will be better in the sunny hours anyway, this time of year. Good luck on the hunt!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123