Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WOW - Never seen it that high - 17-92 must have been under water on the north side of the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Been here since 2000' and never seen it this flooded..

St. Johns River Ramps in Debary, Fl.

Highbanks Rd. (Probably 2 + weeks at the least before it's open)

Monroe 17/92 "free" ramp (3 + weeks)

Monroe 17/92 "Pay" ramp (Probably a week +)

Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    WOW - Never seen it that high - 17-92 must have been under water on the north side of the lake.
    Yup. Was hoping to post some updates/pics today, but just got back and they're even worse this week then they were when I took those pics.. The north/west wind we've had the last couple days has screwed up any drainage that took place.. And if we get this 5-8" of rain this weekend that they're calling for, Im afraid it'll be December before it goes back to anything resembling normal.

Also rode down to the Sanford city ramps.. Roads are closed (under water) and they built a temp gravel bridge to get into the marina.. But the ramps are all flooded/closed as well.. I guess the hotel/restaurant/bar and a couple other small businesses are open though.

PUTNAM AREA:...
    Further North..both Crescent Lake and Welaka launches are now (Sept 29th) dry/safe...
    but still foot or so more water so back up in water 10 feet or so...fished out of both last week...
    from trees nearby it seemed the river fell about 3 inches in 2 days...
    however its rained off and on all day today Sept 30TH with more rains the next 3-4 days...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

OCTOBER 1 UPDATE:
    Rain rain go away:...
    2.5 inches on our yard gauge as of 5pm October 1st...and its still raining at 7:45pm!

Just may put some launches back under water after the 3 weeks of slow fall since Irma...Welaka and Crescent Lake
    launches were finally completely out of the water early last week....grrrrrr....

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Made my weekly rounds looking at the St. Johns River ramps from Sanford to Debary... They're all still flooded.. Doesn't look like it's gone down any. May have actually went up a little since the heavy rains of last weekend. And it's been raining here since last night.. Crews starting to try and save 17/92 along the south end of Monroe, where the lake is starting to erode it's way closer and closer to the highway. Looking like December more and more, before the lake/river recedes and these ramps are close to opening up again..

Downtown Sanford river walk. Oct. 5, 2017 (24 days after Irma)

6. Member
    Thanks for the update Mick!
    2020 Nitro Z21 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S
    12" Atlas Hydraulic
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    Solix 15, Solix 12, Solix 10
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 Ipilot Link

7. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fish Mike View Post
    Thanks for the update Mick!
    Thanks to all the updaters!
    I guess most of the state is getting back to normal? But it's gonna be a while for the upper St. Johns.

8. Member
    Rodman(Kenwood) is about 3-4’ low from full pool. It was packed with hyacinth mats from the ramp to the barge canal today. Tomorrow may be a different story.

Update Welaka:...barely got launched today...that 5.75 inches of rain last week wiped out the drop...launch was barely under...level down maybe 3 inches at 1:45pm when I took out......hope to again pre-fish Wed...one bite, one 15 inch bass checking 6 spots today...
    Attached Images Attached Images

UPDATE Oct 12: Fished out of Welaka launch this morning and it is 100% above water...guess about a 4-5 inch drop since I was there Tuesday...

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Weekly (Debary) River update.. Same ol' same ol'..

Highbanks Rd. Oct 13, 2017

12. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Another weekly update from good ol' flooded Highbanks Rd.. Thought it had gone down an inch or two, but judging from the bench seat, maybe not.. Prolly still a month away if we don't get any measurable rain.

Highbanks Rd. Oct 20, 2017

Lake Monroe: Oct 20, 2017 (There's a sea wall in there somewhere) Oof..

All the other ramps: Sanford City, Monroe Free and Pay, still the same.. Flooded!!
    Last edited by Mickstix; 10-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.

13. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Weekly flood report along the South Volusia St. Johns River: Still flooded!!

Waters dropped a couple inches, literally.. Sanford streets are still flooded/close but a couple ramps in the marina appear open, with 2 trailers in the parking lot.. Lake Monroe ramps "closed".. Highbanks Rd. ramp "closed"..

Highbanks Rd. Oct 27th, 2017 (Down a few inches.)

14. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Weekly St. Johns (Volusia) report: November 3rd, 2017

Sanford City Marina. Open
    Wayside Park (free) Monroe. Flooded/Closed
    Monroe Park (2$ fee). Open
    Highbanks Rd. Flooded/Closed

Lake Monroe is still severely flooded. Coming under the I-4 bridge the clearance height gauge was 41.5'. (normal this time of year is 46-47') No shallow water in sight. Speck boats were out in force. Didn't see any other bass boats, bass or bait.. Couple air born mullet and gar was the only amusement provided..
    Last edited by Mickstix; 11-04-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Damn Mick!, that looks rough have you even gotten a chance to fish?, I am heading out to Rodman in the morning...

Spanky

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    Weekly St. Johns (Volusia) report:

Sanford City Marina. Open
    Wayside Park (free) Monroe. Flooded/Closed
    Monroe Park (2$ fee). Open
    Highbanks Rd. Flooded/Closed

Lake Monroe is still severely flooded. Coming under the I-4 bridge the clearance height gauge was 41.5'. (normal this time of year is 46-47') No shallow water in sight. Speck boats were out in force. Didn't see any other bass boats, bass or bait.. Couple air born mullet and gar was the only amusement provided..
    I think the Seminole County "no wake" order is still in effect for the parts of the river that runs through or along the county line. Which sucks because I want to go catch some of those "hurricane bass".

17. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    Damn Mick!, that looks rough have you even gotten a chance to fish?, I am heading out to Rodman in the morning...

Spanky
    Made it to Harris a couple weeks ago.. Yesterday was the 1st time on St.Johns/Monroe since early Sept.. My old boat doesn't like sitting for a month at a time.. Steering locking up, batteries not wanting to charge.. Good luck on Rodman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    I think the Seminole County "no wake" order is still in effect for the parts of the river that runs through or along the county line. Which sucks because I want to go catch some of those "hurricane bass".
    Yea, Seminole side and south of Monroe is no wake. They don't even want you on the river below Monroe apparently, but it's not "officially" closed.. Volusia side of Monroe is no wake near homes.. I didn't go below Monroe, but I can imagine the current down that way with the narrow river.. 3+ oz. C-rig maybe? Or an airboat.. lol
    If you want to go north on the river, from Monroe, I think you'll need to blow the horn at the RR tracks.. Didn't look like enough room to get a boat under that bridge.
    Last edited by Mickstix; 11-04-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Mick,
    The damn cabbage has taken over on Rodman, the NE wind was no help, totally doinked me today and to add insult to injury Mama broke one of my new Fitzgerald rods. (I was able to order another when we got home). Only managed one about 3 pounds an one other bite that was prolly a Mud Fish. Would you have any info on the ramp at Astor? I am looking to hit the river next week-end.

Spanky

19. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    I heard the ramps at 44 (Ed Stone) have reopened, but haven't heard about Astor? Cabbage was pretty thick on Rodman a couple months back as well, when me and 2E fished it. Fishing wasn't too bad, but he was prefishing so we did more looking than anything. You're having some bad luck with those Fitzgerald's!! lol Hopefully it'll turn around you'll get rewarded with a "trophy catch" here soon!!

The rods are solid, I put them right up there with the Dobyns that I have and they are local, LOVE to help local businesses whenever I can.

Spanky

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast