Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    I'd rather my lotto boat not have been hit with an ugly stick and be able to take a step or 2 to the side without falling off the front deck
    I can spot jealousy a mile away. And i can spot somebody thats never been in one too.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Just remember all them go fast boats ride like crap, potato chip thin, can shine a light through the live wells and see the lake, made of wood that don’t work and is old school ways of building , won’t last, poor quality, hard to resell I listed to some people that knocked these boats and I believed them only to not be satisfied with my ranger and lost my ass when I sold it and got the boat I always wanted. It just took a ride to figure out what I was wanting. But if I was u I would have my butt in all that I could to compare and don’t be surprised if u find your self in a fast boat and liking it as u find out all the rumors are false. Good luck and pick what meets all your demands and don’t settle for nothing it’s a big purchase .
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

3. Member
    I've been test riding this year a bit. I've been in a 521c, a Skeeter Zx225, and ZX250 so far. I could tell the Ranger seemed maybe a bit more solid with the trolling motor down. Both the 521 and ZX250 did feel stable when it come to being pushed around by the wind and waves. They both held tight. The ranger at around 50mph and up was actually darting around a bit which came as a huge surprise to me...And not really sure why that was. But I did not expect that from a Ranger. The Skeeters felt solid, and hooked up to the water at speed more so than what I experienced in the ranger it seemed. (again really surprised by that) But when it come to finish, layout, small details, I really feel Ranger has an advantage over many of the other manufactures. Does it fish better? Not really sure. (when looking at the 519-521c models) The Rangers do feel larger..More room in the cockpits (especially between dual counsel models), more room on the decks. So basically in a nutshell, when comparing the Ranger and Skeeters anyway...I've found pros and cons for each. Is the Ranger worth 10-15k more? I don't know. I'm having a hard time deciding what I really want as well. One thing that's important to me is how well the trailer is going to hold up...The Ranger trailers with the C channel frames are goign to be hard to beat when it comes to that. That's my two cents.

If I was buying a new boat today , I'd take the Ranger anniversary addition , but also like most of the other high end bass boats .

5. Member
    Went from a Z518 to a Basscat Caracal. What a difference in ride and storage! Kind of hard to compare the two as one is a foot longer than the other. Really happy with the performance, quality, ride and storage layout of the Caracal. Fishes bigger than a 19'8" boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Talusmonkey View Post
    So you are talking engine reliability and warranty? Makes sense.
    Yeah it does because I have hundreds of dollars invested in each tournament I fish. A boat dead in the water means hundreds of dollars down the drain with no hope of getting it back. That being said if something does happen I don't want to have to come out of pocket to fix it.
    2021 Bass Cat Eyra w/ 300 Mercury Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSG31t View Post
    I've been test riding this year a bit. I've been in a 521c, a Skeeter Zx225, and ZX250 so far. I could tell the Ranger seemed maybe a bit more solid with the trolling motor down. Both the 521 and ZX250 did feel stable when it come to being pushed around by the wind and waves. They both held tight. The ranger at around 50mph and up was actually darting around a bit which came as a huge surprise to me...And not really sure why that was. But I did not expect that from a Ranger. The Skeeters felt solid, and hooked up to the water at speed more so than what I experienced in the ranger it seemed. (again really surprised by that) But when it come to finish, layout, small details, I really feel Ranger has an advantage over many of the other manufactures. Does it fish better? Not really sure. (when looking at the 519-521c models) The Rangers do feel larger..More room in the cockpits (especially between dual counsel models), more room on the decks. So basically in a nutshell, when comparing the Ranger and Skeeters anyway...I've found pros and cons for each. Is the Ranger worth 10-15k more? I don't know. I'm having a hard time deciding what I really want as well. One thing that's important to me is how well the trailer is going to hold up...The Ranger trailers with the C channel frames are goign to be hard to beat when it comes to that. That's my two cents.
    Very helpful. Thanks!
    2021 Bass Cat Eyra w/ 300 Mercury Pro XS

8. Member
    i went from a 06 519 ranger to a 08 199 legend
    ranger had more storage and wider front deck but my neck was always sore from the pounding in rough water
    legend is def better in rough water, but i miss the wide deck and storage
    just depends on your prorities

Rangers are top quality no doubt. I don’t own one, but have fished out of one several times. I have a friend with a 519. He loves the boat with one complaint. It’s a bitch to get off of stumps. His words.
    Personally, I’d lean towards a PII or a Caracal.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Boats are like women. They are all gonna handle a little different and you really don't know which one is the best until you've tried them all.

11. Member
    To answer some of your questions, I'm on the water fishing almost every single weekend whether it's a tournament or practicing for one so I need reliability and a warranty (Reason for selling Triton)

are having trouble with the boat or the motor?
    the problem is you are not using your boat enough

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Boats are like women. They are all gonna handle a little different and you really don't know which one is the best until you've tried them all.
    Yep.

There are times I'm envious of the guys fishing out of the flatter hulls like the Rangers and Skeeters, especially when you're talking about fishing. It's the drive to get to the fishing part that makes me glad I have what I have. It's all about trade-offs. Find the happy medium and that involves spending time in each brand you're thinking about.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cart7 View Post
    Yep.

There are times I'm envious of the guys fishing out of the flatter hulls like the Rangers and Skeeters, especially when you're talking about fishing. It's the drive to get to the fishing part that makes me glad I have what I have. It's all about trade-offs. Find the happy medium and that involves spending time in each brand you're thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    Just remember all them go fast boats ride like crap, potato chip thin, can shine a light through the live wells and see the lake, made of wood that don’t work and is old school ways of building , won’t last, poor quality, hard to resell I listed to some people that knocked these boats and I believed them only to not be satisfied with my ranger and lost my ass when I sold it and got the boat I always wanted. It just took a ride to figure out what I was wanting. But if I was u I would have my butt in all that I could to compare and don’t be surprised if u find your self in a fast boat and liking it as u find out all the rumors are false. Good luck and pick what meets all your demands and don’t settle for nothing it’s a big purchase .
    Seeings believing, huh Nick? All the ones that has made discriminating comments over the years about the “fast boats” has evidently never rode or fished from one! They don’t have a clue what they’re missing!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567