Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    This thread has real potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    This still didn't explain why you got on here and started talking about people giving their opinion like the OP asked, its looks more like you being a Ranger owner not wanting people to give their opinion about their boat brand. I guess people spending 30-70 thousand dollars don't have the right to be very proud of their boat brand and giving their opinion about their boat brand. I guess no body asked you if you had seen thousand of times people giving their opinion about the boat they bought and are very proud of. I guess you would like it better if everyone who bought brands other then Ranger should get on here when asked and really cut their brand down to make you happy. I guess the back doctors who call bad backs from fishing pro's Ranger backs should be sued because all boats are the same as you say. they DON"T called them Skeeter,Bass CAT, Champion or Phoenix backs. Their is a reason its called Ranger backs because the Ranger is responsible because of the really bad ride. The very thing that makes the Ranger the best fishing boat is the same reason its a really bad ride. The flat bottom and right keel design does not cut the waves good and the reason it jars your back so bad. Theses are the reason they are by far the best fishing boat when the tolling motor is in the water. The old model Champions are known to be the best ride because of its hull design but well known for it listing side to side because they weren't as stable. Their are huge differences in boat brands from ride to how they fish and people get on here just like the OP and ask what people's opinions are. I guess you didn't even read the OP before you started talking about people being to serious about their brand but its ok for you to say you like your Ranger and would buy nothing else. Their a word for that HYPOCRITE and no one asked you if you can pat your self on the back, we just pointed out you are a moderator and you should let people ask their question without you attacking them or the people who responded for responding with their opinion of their boat brand since that is what the OP ask for.
    Never mentioned what brand boat I owned till you brought it up.
    I might buy another Skeeter, I might not. Love me some Skeeters and have owned a pile of them. Might buy another Ranger, might not. Heck I love the Nitro Z21 as well. At the end of the day what I buy is just a boat no matter the brand. Beats standing on the shore either way.

You know I enjoy cutting up with you when I see you around.

Ya'll don't be too hard on him I know who he is. He is a good dude, Its all good here. If he is that pissed he can talk to me at the marina next time he sees me.I
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-17-2017 at 10:05 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    So all this customer service stuff? Yall having problems that require it? I haven't needed a drop of customer service from Ranger...the boat has been flawless...now Mercury, interstate...different story.
    Just give it time. Eventually every boat will need some sort of repair or restoration work. I know that doesn't have to have the factory involved, but it's nice to know you have an excellent team just in case they are needed

It all depends on what you are looking for in a boat. Do you want to be the fastest, smoothest, best fish-ability, the driest, best resale, best built, most boater friendly, most co angler friendly, a lot plays into it. bass cat fastest, right there on smoothest, good resale, best built, very boater friendly when it comes to working on them. Phoenix next fastest, smoothest, second in fishability to ranger, driest, resale isnt as good as a cat or ranger, built almost as well as a cat, boater friendly and very co angler friendly. Ranger isnt the fastest but not slow, not the smoothest, best fish ability, close to the driest, best resale, good build, have not honestly looked at how easy they are to work on compared to others as far as getting to pumps and working on it etc.

All in all I personally think the phoenix is the best boat out there right now. Built really well, handles amazing, fishes great, and the price tag isn't bad compared to others. The new bass cat line of wide bodies are also something to check out. If your a merc guy then skeeters out so I would go ride in a cat, phoenix, and ranger and compare all 3. If what im hearing about the wide bodied cats is true they will be right there in what your looking for. I have not had a chance to ride in a caracal or lynx yet but if you can get over the deck layout then they are suppose to be LEGIT!
    Phillipians 4:13-For I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me

5. Member
    I think I'll name my Ranger "Too"
    Too slow
    Too wet
    Too rough
    Too expensive
    probably another one or two I've forgotten.
    Then I'm going to beat the rush and search for a "Ranger Back Surgeon" an possibly seek professional therapy to help deal with owning such a disgusting boat.
    2006 Z21 Ranger
    2006 Mercury Racing 250XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJHall11 View Post
    It all depends on what you are looking for in a boat. Do you want to be the fastest, smoothest, best fish-ability, the driest, best resale, best built, most boater friendly, most co angler friendly, a lot plays into it. bass cat fastest, right there on smoothest, good resale, best built, very boater friendly when it comes to working on them. Phoenix next fastest, smoothest, second in fishability to ranger, driest, resale isnt as good as a cat or ranger, built almost as well as a cat, boater friendly and very co angler friendly. Ranger isnt the fastest but not slow, not the smoothest, best fish ability, close to the driest, best resale, good build, have not honestly looked at how easy they are to work on compared to others as far as getting to pumps and working on it etc.

All in all I personally think the phoenix is the best boat out there right now. Built really well, handles amazing, fishes great, and the price tag isn't bad compared to others. The new bass cat line of wide bodies are also something to check out. If your a merc guy then skeeters out so I would go ride in a cat, phoenix, and ranger and compare all 3. If what im hearing about the wide bodied cats is true they will be right there in what your looking for. I have not had a chance to ride in a caracal or lynx yet but if you can get over the deck layout then they are suppose to be LEGIT!
    Great post. I disagree on Rangers having the best resale in that group. I found my Champions and Cats right there with them. That may be regional? The pumps on all my Rangers, including my current one are hard to get at compared to a Cat. Both Champions were a nightmare. I had to get the gas tank removed by C&O to change a couple pumps on one of my Champions. Pay for that once and you'll start looking at such things. You could change any cartridge on either of my Cats on the water.

I had the pleasure of a long run behind the wheel of Bullet 21XDC on Ky Lake last year. Let me tell you that sucker is nice! Same goes for the Allison XB21 I drove. Problem is most of the guys comparing these boats have never been in one of these low volume go fast boats much less drove one on open water. They are not meant for everyone but one should not discount them if speed is a factor. The ride will surprise you!!

I've always considered the 520 this generation of Rangers quintessential bass boat.
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 09-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.

7. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    You get what you pay for.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    Just give it time. Eventually every boat will need some sort of repair or restoration work. I know that doesn't have to have the factory involved, but it's nice to know you have an excellent team just in case they are needed
    Totally agree...which other manufacturer offers total restoration service?

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Totally agree...which other manufacturer offers total restoration service?
    How long does that take these days?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    How long does that take these days?
    It takes a while...months...but at least its an option.

11. Member
    You have the best boat built, why change ?

12. Member
    Ranger customer service has been great to me the 2 times I've called them. The first time I needed a some trailer parts, the second time the fuse panel had a wire come loose, they no longer stocked the fuse panel but they could make me one, two weeks later had an updated panel with newer style fuses. Not bad when you consider my boat is 24 years old. Ranger customer service may not be the best but they've been very helpful to me.

13. Banned
    You don't know what you are talking about, Their are doctors that do back surgery and doctors that have done back surgery's on pro Fishermen who's back have gone out caused by bass boats and tournament fishing. They do called it Ranger back because of the way Ranger in real rough water come down on the waves under the seats and clause compression issues in back which eventually takes out their backs one doctor in Texas has done a few of the pros he is known has the best at fixing their backs. Dean C. if I wanted to put my name out their I could but unless their is some law then, well you know. The one Doctor I am talking about has done four or five older Pro bass fishermen's backs and they all ran Rangers which is why it was named Ranger backs. I am not talking about most doctors only then ones that do the backs of bass fishermen.
    my palms are hairy. Doctor told me to stop or the hair will just keep growing and get thicker....

this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Ranger back. It's called old over weight f**ks back.

You don't know what you are talking about, Their are doctors that do back surgery and doctors that have done back surgery's on pro Fishermen who's back have gone out caused by bass boats and tournament fishing. They do called it Ranger back because of the way Ranger in real rough water come down on the waves under the seats and clause compression issues in back which eventually takes out their backs one doctor in Texas has done a few of the pros he is known has the best at fixing their backs. Dean C. if I wanted to put my name out their I could but unless their is some law then, well you know. The one Doctor I am talking about has done four or five older Pro bass fishermen's backs and they all ran Rangers which is why it was named Ranger backs. I am not talking about most doctors only then ones that do the backs of bass fishermen.
    I can't believe I'm just now reading this comedy! This needs to go in the Daily Funnies forum......You obviously have an ax to grind, but you're not very good at it.......Relax, take a deep breath, it'll be ok.

15. Member
    buy the moodcraft for sale in s.d. buy a new moto and be done with it!

16. Member
    Not true cause upfront cost is more

17. Member
    Ranger is a great boat, but a marginal value.

Depends on your wealth and your financial situation and acumen.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

18. Member
    Based on the math problem thread I now understand why people say ranger has a better resale. Lol

19. Member
    I am chiming in way late in this one, but back to the original OP question...
    My boats in order: Pacer (my starter), 354 Ranger, 20SS Stratos, 520 Ranger, Basscat Jaguar/20 foot version, 20X Triton, ZX20 Skeeter, Basscat Puma (current).
    Every boat is a compromise, there has never been a perfect one, nor will there ever be. Narrow your search to a couple of brands, ride, fish and decide. There are also good and bad of every brand. The Triton was the best boat I ever had, the Skeeter was the worst. I think it was built with the lights off! In all fairness, I have never seen another bad Skeeter, so I know mine was the exception. As you have a Triton currently, you have a high end boat. Enjoy the search, it's really fun.

20. Member
    I believe I'll buy a motor home and sit under a tree.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast