Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Ranger Boat Vs. Others

I currently have a 2016 Triton and I will be buying a new boat next fall. I was looking into getting a 2019 Ranger Z519 when I do purchase it. In yall's opinion where does the Ranger stack up versus other boats? (e.g. speed, ride, storage, durability)

It's all what you think is best, every boat fills an individual niche. No boat fits you, that fits me. There is no bad boat out there, they all are great in their own way.

This ought to be good.

4. Moderator
    I'll bite....
    All boats have their pros and cons. The 519 with a 225 is a pretty quick boat. Storage is good. Ride is meh. Fit and finish SHOULD be normal Ranger quality. Fishability, aka stability wit the trolling motor down is the best out there IMO. Lots of good boats being built out there today. I love my Z518. Only thing I don't like is the ride. It's ok for it's size. Definately not a Champion like I had previously. Overall it's a much better built boat then anything I've had prior. If I were to buy a new boat tomorrow, I'd get another Ranger or Basscat.....

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    It's all what you think is best, every boat fills an individual niche. No boat fits you, that fits me. There is no bad boat out there, they all are great in their own way.
    well said...

I would think the 519 would do everything very well, within the limits of the conditions, and size of water your fishing.
    If I were to go to that size boat, it would definitely be a single console.

6. Member
    Triton a Ranger probably have a similar ride and fishing stability most likely is better on the Ranger.
    I'm sure Ranger will work just fine for what you're after. For me Ranger just has too much fluff and plastic bits that don't age very well.
    If you needed a more comfortable ride and fish a lot of big water I'd consider Falcon 215 or Charger 198 or 210. These are cleanly laid out simple fishing machines that should age well.
    Last edited by magnumb; 09-14-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

7. Banned
    I didn't know they made another bass boat other than a Ranger? Unless you are talking about the crappie rigs that some guys use!

8. Banned
    Just look at them all. There are a lot of great bass boats out there. I have a 2014 Z119C and I love it. It has a 225 pro XS and runs fast. I believe if propped right it is the fastest Ranger boat.

Depends on what you want in a boat, Speed, Comfort, Durability, Fish-ability, Re-sell value. I've ridden in just about every Manufactured Bass Boats, and I like the Ranger first, Skeeter 2nd and Stratos 3rd, that being said, I've had 5 Rangers !! If you can, go to the Ranger factory and take the tour, it's free, and you'll see the Ranger and Triton builds since both are now made at Ranger. BIG difference !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

10. Member
    Rangers are nice boats. I'm in Illinois and you can't pitch a jig without hitting a Ranger, most of the guys in my club have one. I've ridden in and/or driven everything from 17 to 21 footers. They do everything well but IMO there are boats that do everything better. I'd take a P2 over a 519 any day even with the extra 25hp and have an extra 7 or $8K in my pocket.

11. Member
    Caracal
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

12. Member
    Sounds like you know the size you want which is a 19ft. Look at every brand that you can in that range a and choose what you liked best. Ranger makes a fine boat along with bass cat, skeeter, Phoenix, charger, and falcon is pretty new but would definitely at least give them a look no check them out

13. Member
    I am a six time Ranger owner including a Z519 but now in a Phoenix . I agree with pretty much what everyone says, however the Z519c lay out is not for me.

I am not a pro staffer but I would also look at a Phoenix 919 just to make it interesting. I recently fished out of Z520c and came away still liking my Phoenix 920 better.

14. Member
    If I could buy a brand new boat would look at all my local dealers, to keep service close and cut out the driving. With that being said basscat is the only one not local, I would look at all of them test drive them and see where I felt what would fit my needs the best.

Just picked up a 92 361. Had it out the other 2nd time, messed with the trim and what a great ride.
    Had maybe 1 foot chop and it floated right
    Over those waves......I like it so far.

16. Banned
    Rangers are my number one choice, am pretty impressed with Skeeters new FX 21, then basscat just a bit less of a pretty boat, Phoenixs are decent too......I guess ride and decide....that said the Skeeter is softer for sure ....actuall they are all likely a bit softer, a bit drier....but none fish better than the Ranger imho.

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    speed...middle of the pack or slightly lower

ride...upper part of the pack

storage...mid part of the pack *if you were asking about the Z520 then it would rank upper part of the pack. Z19 has no storage in the step and the cooler is on the front deck. If you store rods on the driver's side of the deck you will have to move rods to get to the cooler.

durability...near the top of the pack

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milligjg View Post
    Caracal
    This

Go demo and do a factory tour of what your looking for.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I didn't know they made another bass boat other than a Ranger? Unless you are talking about the crappie rigs that some guys use!
    Yea White River Marine Group makes Ranger, Triton, Nitro, and soon Legend. There are a couple of other bass boat companies out there.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast