Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Like the title says....There's Rangers and the others.
    uh huh

2. Member
    I have a 15 119c. Boat airs out and is fun to drive. When it starts to get rough the ride isn't bad. 2 footers you have to slow her down but 60 is still doable if in a hurry very comfortable at 45 to 50. Platform when trolled down is unbeatable and perfect size for me for maneuvering around docks and such. Big enough to get out on big water but small enough to get in some remote lakes that I couldn't get a 21 foot boat into.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    Yeah. On the Z -18 and Z- 19 the storage layout is the worst I have ever seen on a new boat. It's as if the Ranger design people put absolutely no thought or effort into the layout. I guess they were too busy with the $40 plastic remote drain plug thingee.
    for me the layout was the best I found for my liking.

4. Member
    Rangers are great boats....I love mine
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    That's right, there's White River Marine Group and the others.

Yeah yeah yeah, of course the Phoenixs are wonderful, the Basscats are wonderful and Rangers are just slow overpriced Nitros now we get it.
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

Quote Originally Posted by 2015Ranger View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, of course the Phoenixs are wonderful, the Basscats are wonderful and Rangers are just slow overpriced Nitros now we get it.
    That is what some want you to believe. They act like if you go out abd buy the brand they run you will suddenly catch more fish etc.

It's just a boat, it's not gonna change your life. Also all this talk about being a member of a family when you buy a boat I don't get since most families dont make you spend $30,000-75,000 for them to claim you....lol

People should buy what they like. As long as it gets you on the water fishing and having fun the rest is just personal preference.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015Ranger View Post

Well maybe you should look at the OP, he is asking for people's opinion. Their are reason's why people buy other brands then Ranger and no one ever says Ranger is a bad boat or built bad, just that their are things about other boats that they like better. I think people that can not see the differences of different brands are either very naive or have never been in any other boat brands. The Ranger has always been known has the best when the trolling motor is down because of their keel design, they have great fit and finish, and resale is great and has been great for years. This doesn't mean other brands haven't figured out some points like speed and ride to make their brands great to. Their is a reason why Phoenix started up around 2009 and are now either 4 or 5 in brands that built the most boats ahead of companies that have been in business for many more years. I think the original poster has the right to get on here and ask for people's opinion without all the sarcasm from Ranger owners. The Phoenix and bass cat are both faster then Ranger but people don't buy Rangers for speed they buy them for the way they fish, their built, and resale.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    That is what some want you to believe. They act like if you go out abd buy the brand they run you will suddenly catch more fish etc.

It's just a boat, it's not gonna change your life. Also all this talk about being a member of a family when you buy a boat I don't get since most families dont make you spend $30,000-75,000 for them to claim you....lol

People should buy what they like. As long as it gets you on the water fishing and having fun the rest is just personal preference.
    The OP didn't ask if boat brand X would make you catch more fish he asked what are people opinion on the different brands as far as Speed, ride and so on. I have never seen anyone say you have to buy this brand or that brand to be in a family. They say if you do decide to buy a certain brand their are benefits if you decided to pay 30-75 thousand dollars. Their are differences in brands which is why people ask for others opinions. They should be able to get on here ask for people opinions without a moderators sarcasm.
    He actually did want people opinion so people giving their opinion when someone ask here on BBC forum shouldn't get so much BS, this is why the forum was started for people to get and give their opinions.

10. Banned
    You can't go wrong with a ranger. Just look at the number of owners on the ranger forum and in the for sale forum. I would never pay the high dollar price of a new one and that's the reason I picked up a used z118 with 20 hours for thousands less then a new one. I was looking for an 18 foot class boat and in my searching (bass cat, triton, skeeter) the ranger had the best layout and felt like it was bigger then 18'8". Speed wise it's not going to win any records but the 150 Pro XS will push me 58 mph full load. It has tons of storage and the fishability is second to none. I do like the bass cats tho, I'd just don't like the size and layouts of thier 18 ft models.

11. Member
    I was in a similar situation to the OP. I looked at several brands and went with BCB Caracal. I can say the boat is great but what is unbelievable is BassCat customer service.

So all this customer service stuff? Yall having problems that require it? I haven't needed a drop of customer service from Ranger...the boat has been flawless...now Mercury, interstate...different story.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    So all this customer service stuff? Yall having problems that require it? I haven't needed a drop of customer service from Ranger...the boat has been flawless...now Mercury, interstate...different story.
    I think a lot of the "customer service" talk comes from the fact that they are active on the different boards and offer input and help regarding set up and general questions. I'm on my 3rd BassCat and have never needed any "service" with my boat.

14. Member
    Something that sold me also on my Ranger was the trailer. My other boats...there was always something wrong with my trailer. I know this has nothing to do with the boat or your question, just something that helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    The OP didn't ask if boat brand X would make you catch more fish he asked what are people opinion on the different brands as far as Speed, ride and so on. I have never seen anyone say you have to buy this brand or that brand to be in a family. They say if you do decide to buy a certain brand their are benefits if you decided to pay 30-75 thousand dollars. Their are differences in brands which is why people ask for others opinions. They should be able to get on here ask for people opinions without a moderators sarcasm.
    He actually did want people opinion so people giving their opinion when someone ask here on BBC forum shouldn't get so much BS, this is why the forum was started for people to get and give their opinions.

I actually own a Ranger. Love it. Been a great boat. Will be hard pressed not to buy another.

Wasn't sarcasm at all, some people take the brand boat they run way too seriously. Sorry you have not seen it on here. In my almost 15 years here I have seen it thousands of times. Also even moderators can have opinions. I am pretty familiar with why the forum was started. Being a member here a long time and being a moderator I have always went out of my way to help others. From helping out with information to taking BBC members that are passing through my area fishing I have and will continue to help.

16. Member
    [QUOTE=dean c;8726028]So all this customer service stuff? Yall having problems that require it? I haven't needed a drop of customer service from Ranger...the boat has been flawless...now Mercury, interstate...different stor
    I have had to use ranger customer servive when every lid on my 518 cracked, Ranger made it right after two trips to flippin. The only issue with my Caracal was that they forgot to drill a drain hole in the oil compartment.

17. Member
    Only buy a ranger to take a bath while going out to fish . ��
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    Only buy a ranger to take a bath while going out to fish . ��
    Bless your heart
    2002 Ranger 518 DVX
    Helix 12 and 1199
    80# fortrex
    Blue water pimped

19. Member
    The quote from above is from the village idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    The quote from above is from the village idiot
    A personal attack from a namelss profile troll...classy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast