BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar

Raymarine Questions

I just posted in Lounge but figured I should post here. Im considering switching from Lowrance to Raymarine but I have had Lowrance for a long time now and Im completely ignorant with the new Raymarine technology. If I wanted to run 3 units similar to my Lowrance setup (HDS 9 and HDS 12 at console and HDS 12 at Bow) what would I want for Raymarine? A series, Axiom, or Axiom Pro? I want side imaging on the back and just normal sonar on the front. Do they come with 2D transducers? Unfortunately theres nobody in my area that I could go into a store and talk with that I know of. What exactly would I have to purchase to be like my Lowrance setup? Thanks!

2. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Also one other question, can I link the console and bow unit to show the side scan from the console unit up front at the bow unit?

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    If you want the Axiom without knobs then this is what I would go with

E70369-03 12inch Axiom with the RV-100 for side, down 2d and 3D for the transom.
    E70369-00NAG avionics maps with no transducer for the bow.
    E70367-02 CPT100DVS use the DVS Transducer on the E70369 on the bow for down and 2D,
    You can add a 2d inhull with a Y cable, but this takes the center transducer out of the RV100.

With one unit having maps it will share across the network so you only need one unit with a card. You would have to buy a HS5 to network three Axiom together. You can also update and download to the Navionics charts via a phone with Boat US. Create sonar logs to update the chart. You can also update the unit software via WIFI so you don't have to download to a card and then install it into the unit.

If it was me I would buy a ES127 in the 9 inch for the console and use the 2D for it. This will give you sonar on pad for depth, Not network available yet, should be out around November to allow the ES,A,C units to network with the Axiom LH3. This would be a little cheaper also since its an older unit.

The Axiom Pro has more power and the knobs incase you don't want to use the touch screen.

Yes you can see any transducer that is on the network on any unit on the network. with all three units networked you can see from the front the 3D, Side, Down, and 2d off any unit at the console. You can create apps to have preset anything you want.
    Their incredible fast, user friendly and easy to navigate off the current screen with out having to back out to remade pages to add or delete items.

Remember to register the units when you get them for a 3 year warranty.
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 09-14-2017 at 10:23 AM.

4. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    Thanks for the quick response! I just want to clarify a couple things from your post. Sorry for my ignorance but this is a totally different world than Lowrance.

E70369-03 12inch Axiom with the RV-100 for side, down 2d and 3D for the transom. --The RV 100 will be mounted to the jackplate or bottom of hull and give me side, down, 2D, and 3D all in one transducer? And this unit would mount to the console.

E70369-00NAG avionics maps with no transducer for the bow. So I will take the transducer from the 9" package and install this on the trolling motor?

I definitely need a unit reading depth on pad so which transducer do I want for that? And what cable to I need to connect this in with either the 9" or 12" at the console?

Additionally I will need cables to connect all of these together. Do they all connect via ethernet to the back of the units like Lowrance? What are these cables called? I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row if I decide to order these units.
    Thanks for all the help!!

5. Member
    smallypro225 - send me your email and I'll get the entire system spec'd out with a drawing. It's easier for me to email than try and post images on here.

Hickory is pretty close, but Axiom only has (1) network port, so you do heed the HS5 network box.

Curt Nowaskie
    National Sales Manager, Retail
    Raymarine
    Mobile: 603-809-5046
    Curt.Nowaskie@raymarine.com

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    On the bow unit, The Axiom 12 only comes with the RV-100 transducer, So you will need a transducer for it. The 9 Axiom comes packaged with the RV-100, or the CPT-100DVS down and 2d chirp.
    You will either have to buy a transducer separately, or just buy a 9 with the transducer you need, I believe its the same price just one less part number to order.

On the in hull I would buy a A80488 cable that will convert a 9 pin to a 25 pin, then you can plug in a E66073 transducer and run it to the 9 axiom. This way with out the Y cable you don't lose the down channel of the RV-100.

This setup would be.
    12 Axiom with RV-100 on the console. You would have 3D, Side, Down, 2D chirp on the transom
    9 Axiom with a P74 in hull for on plane depth. This gives you the in hull 2D
    12 Axiom with a CPT-100DVS on the bow. This would give you Down, and 2D chirp on the bow.

All connect with a Raynet cable. You will need a HS5 box to connect 3 Axiom units. So you would need two short Raynets cables for under the dash mounted HS5 and a longer cable to run to the front.

Like I stated earlier if you get a ES9 with a 2D transducer for the in hull, for depth while running. Then network the two Axiom together for sonar. In Nov or so when the light house 3 comes out for the ES you can update it and then network all three units together with out a HS5 by running the two Axiom into the ES.
    Until the update comes out you would need two map cards and wouldn't be able to save waypoints to the 9. But it would still be cheaper and the ES can be bought Cheaper than the Axiom.

Just depend on how you want to go

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    smallypro225 - send me your email and I'll get the entire system spec'd out with a drawing. It's easier for me to email than try and post images on here.

Hickory is pretty close, but Axiom only has (1) network port, so you do heed the HS5 network box.

Curt Nowaskie
    National Sales Manager, Retail
    Raymarine
    Mobile: 603-809-5046
    Curt.Nowaskie@raymarine.com
    Yea I just caught that, and corrected as you posted. It was late last night when I got in LOL