Sandusky/Mazurik ramp area

From Cincy area....I'm up here fishing Erie and left my Oil at the house. Anyone know a good place to buy Mercury Optimax DFI Oil close to the area around Mazurik boat ramp?

Thanks,
    Charlie

P.S. Anyone that wants to come off with some smallie info as well, I'm all ears lol!
    /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.htc.sense.browser/files/TMP

I can't recommend a specific place for the oil. But, I bet one of the marinas in East or West Harbors would have it.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Mike's Dockside Service on Rt.163 @Rt. 269 in Marblehead, (Mercury). Also West Marine at 163 and 53 in Port Clinton, (QuickSilver). Mike's is closer to the ramp,(and a bit cheaper, last I checked). Can't help you with the smallies, haven't been out in a while.

With all the cool weather we've been having, they should be starting to bite. I'd go out to any of the islands and start shallow, working my way into deeper water until I found them, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by K-ach; 09-13-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX

4. Member
    It may not be much help but in Erie Sunday we found most of the fish were set up between 20'-23' deep

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DL07 View Post
    It may not be much help but in Erie Sunday we found most of the fish were set up between 20'-23' deep
    That's about how deep I've been catching them when I've been out (not in a couple of weeks), but they have not been grouped up much, and may be miles and miles between small groups. Cooler weather gets them bunched up more, but also leads to rough water.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Went to west marine and got a couple gallons at freaking 47.99 each Lol!!
    Caught a couple more largemouth today in the 4 pound range up shallow on Kelly island. I just can't find any bait out off the drops. I'm new to Erie, pretty decent on fishing open water (Ky Lake) though. But finding a ledge on Ky lake is way more easier since they're about 25 miles long, than finding a pile of rocks thr size of my boat out on Erie IMO. Hopefully I will find the bait tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Charlie

7. Member
    I wouldn't buy a keychain at West Marine...their prices used to be insane...and it sounds like they still are!!!

Good luck on your smallie quest!!!

I was between a rock and a hard place.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NKY TRITON View Post
    I was between a rock and a hard place.
    I get that....I'm just saying from my experience with them...I would go without before buying from them again.

Outboards are a little finicky about being run without oil.
    Kevin
    2009 Champion 183CX