Thread: Rod repair

Rod repair

Like to give a shout out to Ken Bucy in Murray, he recently fixed two guides on the upper end of my GLX rods, a heck of a good job and very reasonably priced. If any one needs any work done on their rods give him a shout.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    He does great work.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

3. Banned
    I'd like to give out a shout out to Reed Rods who is also in the Ky Lakes area in Grand Rivers. He posts on here from time to time with his work, particularly the Mad Swirl technique he created. You won't find a nicer guy and he does incredibly good work. I took him some 10+ yr old rods and he refurbished them to like new condition, actually better than new condition.

Very fortunate to have such great rod artists in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I'd like to give out a shout out to Reed Rods who is also in the Ky Lakes area in Grand Rivers. He posts on here from time to time with his work, particularly the Mad Swirl technique he created. You won't find a nicer guy and he does incredibly good work. I took him some 10+ yr old rods and he refurbished them to like new condition, actually better than new condition.

Very fortunate to have such great rod artists in the area.

Thanks, Scott. I am not getting on here as much now that we are in soccer season and I am coaching again but I try to post from time to time.

I do the repairs for fisherman's headquarters and ky lake outdoors. If a person does drop a rod off, they just need to let me know a time frame. I try to do a turn around in 2 weeks if I do not have a guide, and sooner if I have a guide. It really depends on how many arms I have in the fire and how backed up I am. If a person is in a hurry, I can do a quick turnaround if they are not picky on the guide. I do keep american tackle nanolites and fuji alconites on hand and have a ton of busted rods I can pull a guide off of to match up proprietary guides.

As far as building rods go, I am finishing up some and taking a break for a bit on new builds. With the family and work, I do not have the free time like I used to, and I hate for people to wait on builds. I'll keep building, but I do not want to be under a time frame, etc. Thanks again, Scott, for the shout-out.

Some think JR is a nice guy????? JK he is the best and a good builder as well.