North Florida PSA

My Brothers,

Please be careful out there should you decide to venture out to wet a line. The river is very dangerous at this time as it is absolutely loaded with debris from the storm. The water is high and from where I was checking things out (Green Cove Springs Boat launch, mouth of Black Creek and Doctors Inlet Bridge) There is a ton of crap in the water. Also remember if you fish Rodman there will be a ton of "floaters" don't want anyone to get hurt, destroy a motor or even worse. Still no power here in Middleburg, but, Sue, Gator and I are doing fine. God Bless all and be careful out there.

Spanky

2. Gray
    I think I will go out from that general area on Saturday but I have it in my mind that I will idle everywhere I go. There may be more debris than Matthew provided.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

3. Member
    A boat struck a large floating tree on Seminole today. Looks like it entered the lake coming down the Flint, obviously dislodged somewhere up river in the storm and made its way to the lake. Lower unit gone, rear 20-30 inches of pad heavily damaged. I helped the guy load it onto his trailer. He said he never saw it. After collision he got on his trolling motor and it was floating just under the surface right in the middle of the channel.