Lake Anna Private Side

I'm going to Lake Anna in a month and will be staying on the private side and I have questions about boating on the lake. Are the canals no wake and are no wake zones marked? Is there a speed limit on the lake? Anything else I should know about as far as boat navigation goes?

This is obviously my first time going to the lake and If anyone has advise on what the bass are doing in October would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks

The canals do not have a no wake zone, although I normally slow down a lot going through them because they're narrow and usually hold a couple boats fishing in them.

There is no speed limit on the lake.

The main no wake zones that are coming to my mind are ones that are near boat docks or in the backs of pockets. There are a few shoals in some spots that you should be aware of, especially in the middle of Pond 3, but they are marked. As well as the buoys around the power plant in Pond 1.

It's a fairly shallow lake, but easy and safe to drive on. If it happens to get really cold, just stick your hands in the water to warm them up!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Thank you, Meadows! That's exactly what I was looking for!

4. Member
    The hot side is extremely low right now...I haven't been over there since the outage but it is low low low....I'd be careful

5. Member
    PsuHntr, thanks for the heads up! Do you know if the water level is still dropping or is it starting to come back up? How may feet would you say it's down right now?

Quote Originally Posted by ZX225 View Post
    PsuHntr, thanks for the heads up! Do you know if the water level is still dropping or is it starting to come back up? How may feet would you say it's down right now?
    A resident on that side stated 3 feet. Had a tough time getting his pontoon boat loaded that usually is tied to a community dock.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    The hot side is extremely low right now...I haven't been over there since the outage but it is low low low....I'd be careful
    Hi all,we are at the lake now...it is REALLY low.....need to be careful going back into the creeks and coves....the points are exposed and dry ground.

I wish I'd known about the outage at the plant before we rented the house. Also water temps are way higher than I remember in the past.
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

8. Member
    The water is really low, many points are exposed. Power plant still in an outage for a few days.

9. Member
    I plan on doing a tournament at Anna in November. Is water so low that it would not be much help for me to fish this weekend to help learn the lake?
    Semper Fi

10. Member
    If you want to learn the lake its fine to go now...obviously the fishing in November will be nothing like it is right now

11. Member
    I understand that. Have only been to Anna once. So I figure just spending tell on lake learning my way around and how long it take to get to certain area is good idea
    Semper Fi

12. Member
    Are you fishing the Veterans day tournament?
    Anytime on Anna will be helpful. I've been trying to go weekly to the public side the past couple of months, every trip seems to be different. It's definitely helped my catch rate but that wasn't much as I've been skunked too many times to count.
    If you see my red 273 Stratos stop to say hi and introduce yourself.
    Last edited by Bassin273Stratos; 10-04-2017 at 06:38 AM.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

13. Member
    Yes I am trying to do the Veterans day tournament. The one time I fished Anna ( bout 2 weeks ago) I caught a few ( 2.5lber and two dinks). Only had couple hours to fish and had my daughter (10) with.

Going to try and get out there few more times before Nov.
    Semper Fi