Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    That would be a drive, I've owned 3 Bullets, won't own anything else, period

2. Hagen
    Where in tn do you live? With as many bullets their are around here, getting a ride in one won't be hard at all. You are more than welcome to come take a ride in mine anytime, only problem is I work WAY too much. Usually only off few days a month.

Like others have said dont be so quick to believe everything you hear. Go get in one and make your own opinion.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

in east tenn as well 20xd 225 sport optimax.
    where are you
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Sounds like your neighbor needs some driving lessons if it rides rough
    No it rides rough in rough water for sure. My neighbor knows his way around a boat. Works on them for a living. I've rode with him when he hit 90 in his boat and that was a great ride. Rough water though, no thanks.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Come to watts bar this weekend for the Bullet Rally
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivebythree View Post
    No it rides rough in rough water for sure. My neighbor knows his way around a boat. Works on them for a living. I've rode with him when he hit 90 in his boat and that was a great ride. Rough water though, no thanks.
    Just cuz he works on them doesn't mean he can drive it.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

7. Member
    I'm not a fan of the rough water ride of a 20'er myself. I've been in a few of the Bass cat boats (puma and cougar)and I'd say they take water better than the 20' Bullet.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

The huge cats do ride ok but the difference i feel with a huge cat and a 20' bullet is the bullet hits lighter when you come down on a huge wake and dont get as wet. On the moderate chop i can get up higher on the tops with a bullet with the hull entry point being farther back. I do like a huge cat. If it wasnt for the console styling id probably still be in a jag

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivebythree View Post
    I got a 20XD and ride the great lakes and lake nipissing. A calm day to me is 2 foot waves. I have yet to bring someone in my boat that hasn't said "this is nothing like i thought it would be" They ride very smooth, just might get wet a lil if your not paying attention :) I been driving rough water my inter life. If your a capable driver its amazing what you can put a 20XD in. I have driven in 6+ footers multiple times.

I own a Ranger Fishermen 620, It rides way rougher then my 20XD does. But you will not get wet in it.

My 20 is not the best rough water boat I've owned but it's far from the worst. It's the driver...I can take my 20 in any water I've ever been in I just need to drive differently...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    I am in east Tn also if you want to ride in a 21XD w/250.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    I got a 20XD and ride the great lakes and lake nipissing. A calm day to me is 2 foot waves. I have yet to bring someone in my boat that hasn't said "this is nothing like i thought it would be" They ride very smooth, just might get wet a lil if your not paying attention :) I been driving rough water my inter life. If your a capable driver its amazing what you can put a 20XD in. I have driven in 6+ footers multiple times.

I own a Ranger Fishermen 620, It rides way rougher then my 20XD does. But you will not get wet in it.
    Could you video this please? I want to see a 20' Bullet or for that matter any 20' bass boat in 6' waves.

13. Member
    The 20 rough water ride isn't terrible if you know how to drive in rough water , if you over trim or negotiate the waves incorrectly it will be a hard ride but that's all in drivers ability , being able to string out your boat in calm water doesn't mean you know how to driver in rough water .
    If you really want to ride in a "terrible" riding boat try a 90's Ranger I was in a tournament in 97 when a non boater broke his back for real , I was in a Ranger also as a non boater you literally groaned in pain every wave it hit ...
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I was in a 17' javelin with 150 as co angler on st Clair and his gas pedal was a on and off swithch running in some horrible water we we were doing 65mph and for real skipping across the the tops and my back popped and hasn't been right for 12 years.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

My 361v has that "legendary ride" and past moderate chop it feels like a crane drops you into the water from 20' in a lead filled boat.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    That 200 will be fine coming out of a basscat if thats all you can find
    Depends on the "Cat. My Puma/250 SHO will get to 78.

Itll be like driving a corvette though. Nimble and responsive. A lot of corvettes were sub 200hp but still were known to be fast and nimble. It also matters how fast you get into the 70's and to some it matters how much fuel you burn. If you can only run 75 but can get there quick itll take miles and miles to catch one going 80. Not taking nothing away from your cat- im a fan and former owner of quite a few of em- most of us here came from that type boat and unless youve owned both and figured out how they work you just wouldnt understand. I wish everybody could experience it without the precincieved notions most have against a bullet. Its just a whole different ride, and its nice to be able to be careful in rough water and slow down scared and still run faster than most boats have ever been.

Some of those cats run in the mid 80's but im sure those guys spent a lot of time setting them up. I know theres one i run against quite regular that runs a solid true 84 in a tourney takeoff. But he had a stroker and bullet for years and can drive pretty good.

19. Banned
    Im in The Knoxville area. Im not sure which direction I will go quite yet but I really appreciate all of you offering rides. Bullets definitely a quality rig and appears have a loyal following.

20. Member
    I run a 20xd with a 200. Sure I wish I had a 250 but I can say that come tournament day only one boat in my club can leave me and it's my brother in laws stroker. One guy has a 21ft ranger with a 300xs and we run side by side for miles. Now I will say that no 20 footer will fish like a 21+ footer, but I will say that I'm 330 lbs and I never had a partner complain about me moving around in the boat. The three big boxes up front give you plenty of room for rods and tackle. As far as the ride in my opinion no boat feels better up on pad letting it air out.In the rough stuff it's as good as any, the way a boat rides in the rough depends on the driver.
    If you're going to be dumb, you've got to be tough!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast