1986 Mariner Magnum 150hp 6cyl Trim Screw/Motor loosing pressure slowly

My trim motor will trim up and down the motor. However, when I trim it up, it will eventually loose the pressure and settle back down.

I have played with the manual trim screw and if I loosen it, it will lower the manual and then tighten it will stop.

I would like to replace the trim screw but there is a washer on the inside of the housing so that I cannot remove the screw.

BTW there has never been any fluid that has leaked from the trim motors onto the driveway or in the water.

Two questions.
    1. How do I remove the retaining washer and it seems to be a full circle washer.
    2. If the screw isnt the problem, then what else might the problem be?

B176526 serial number

2. Member
    clamp brkt gota come off on that side for relief valve remove, likely you have a valve body problem ,shuttle valve not seating inside pump,replaceing pump and mtr assembly cures this WARNNING $$$$$$$$$$$
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Can you rebuilt it?

4. Member
    no oem parts available and not recommended, aftermarket pump and mtr assembly
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by Coxwain View Post
    Can you rebuilt it?
    O-ring kits are available but check valves aren't. I suspect you just have a bad o-ring but you won't know until you rebuild it. A o-ring kit for the main cylinder is 25-41478A1 and costs about $85 and an o-ring kit for everything else is 25-48462A4 and costs about $100. Complete new pump assembly runs about $1300.

6. Member
    https://www.dbelectrical.com/product...75n-99186.html
    I found this aftermarket motor and pump so I will give that a try.

I'm going to try to replace the o-rings too.

Turns out the motor has reached end of life. The armator is fine, but the brushes and the brush holders are all crap.