Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

License increase????

What the hell? Ky fisheries have been neglected for years to reintroduce critters that apparently can't survive without government funding. How about raising the out of state hunting permits that allow all these non resident "trophy" farms to crop up? It's time the fisheries got a little bit of notice!

2. Member
    I agree, raise the out of state hunting/fishing license. Let IL and IN people that flock to the lakes pay for it, just like I would do if I bought an IL deer tag at over $500.

I don't hunt so I have no idea on the price of tags but what is ours compared to other states for an out of state tag?
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

5. Banned
    Oh good grief. How about the KDFWR actually come up with a funding structure that's actually sustainable? Would that be too much ask?

This whole "our department receives no tax dollars from KY's general fund" garbage needs to end.

My vote is to keep license fees low and raise the state sales tax to 7% to be in line with other states, with 1/8th of that additional 1% going directly to KDFWR that cannot be touched (just like Missouri does). It would double KDFWR's annual budget, solve a world of problems within the department, allow more money for more places to hunt and fish, and the overall quality of hunting and fishing in Kentucky would be better. The rest of the money from that extra 1% could go to help fix the pension problem, help with education, medicaid, LOCAL highway departments, etc.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Oh good grief. How about the KDFWR actually come up with a funding structure that's actually sustainable? Would that be too much ask?

This whole "our department receives no tax dollars from KY's general fund" garbage needs to end.

My vote is to keep license fees low and raise the state sales tax to 7% to be in line with other states, with 1/8th of that additional 1% going directly to KDFWR that cannot be touched (just like Missouri does). It would double KDFWR's annual budget, solve a world of problems within the department, allow more money for more places to hunt and fish, and the overall quality of hunting and fishing in Kentucky would be better. The rest of the money from that extra 1% could go to help fix the pension problem, help with education, medicaid, LOCAL highway departments, etc.
    Preach!
    When can I expect to see you run for office? It would be refreshing to see.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

I agree raise the fees on out of state. I don't mind paying my fair share. Also the elk thing is great but how many people get to enjoy it and how much does it cost? Do pleasure boaters have to pay to use the water other than regular registration on their boat?

8. Member
    Better be calling your State Rep. & telling them what you think about the increase!

9. Banned

How about abolishing the state income tax and just going to a sales tax like Tn? Make everyone pay their share

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Preach!
    Doing what needs to be done is never popular. I wouldn't stand a chance.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    How about abolishing the state income tax and just going to a sales tax like Tn? Make everyone pay their share
    I agree. Bevin said he wanted to pursue that with having a majority in the state house and senate, of course that was in November of last year. His vow for tax reform hasn't resulted in anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter35 View Post
    Better be calling your State Rep. & telling them what you think about the increase!
    Open the window and yell, would have a better chance of him hearing you.

13. Member
    Doing what needs to be done is never popular. I wouldn't stand a chance.
    I think we have been seeing that unravel in a bigger office. Just my .02

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to this either. I know a lot of people that are extremely happy with how TN does this.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Preach!
    O no not another red blood in office
    Just kidding, go for it

16. Banned
    I believe in value based consumption taxes. The one thing I'll happily pay the government for is a fishing license. If they lowered my state income tax, I'd probably be willing to pay a whole lot more for a parks/hunting/fishing license.

17. Member
    I wouldn't care if the cost of a hunting or fishing license doubled if it would go to something I cared about. The elk program is neat and all but what's the cost? How about the state run woodshop? Why did we even start a lunker bass program in this state when other states with far superior genetics could sell us fry? How much tourism do something like stripers actually bring in compared to the cost? And how many in state anglers go on these guided trips or fish for them compared to other species? What kind of lake would you have if that time and money went into something like trophy smallmouth, walleye,... soforth. Who needs a guide to catch stripers anyway. Just put something fast and white on and keep getting deeper until you see them on electronics. Woo. That's fun. And after you catch them they die 90% of the time.
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 09-16-2017 at 03:05 PM.

18. Member
    Rock on Frenchman

Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    I wouldn't care if the cost of a hunting or fishing license doubled if it would go to something I cared about. The elk program is neat and all but what's the cost? How about the state run woodshop? Why did we even start a lunker bass program in this state when other states with far superior genetics could sell us fry? How much tourism do something like stripers actually bring in compared to the cost? And how many in state anglers go on these guided trips or fish for them compared to other species? What kind of lake would you have if that time and money went into something like trophy smallmouth, walleye,... soforth. Who needs a guide to catch stripers anyway. Just put something fast and white on and keep getting deeper until you see them on electronics. Woo. That's fun. And after you catch them they die 90% of the time.
    I agree 100%. Was at Barren today at the state ramp. The parking lot is a joke. It smelled like urine cause that is no bathroom. You could not move your boat and truck in the lot cause it's too tight. Raise the price of the license and fix stuff up.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I agree 100%. Was at Barren today at the state ramp. The parking lot is a joke. It smelled like urine cause that is no bathroom. You could not move your boat and truck in the lot cause it's too tight. Raise the price of the license and fix stuff up.
    Are you to young or have forgotten the state ramp launch fee? Want to know what that ramp/parking/bathroom situation looked like then?

Did you fish a tourney there this morning? I put in before daylight but the lot was getting crowded. If so how did you do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast