Thread: backup lights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Others have called to ask and they say "Yes, They are sealed and waterproof"

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Others have called to ask and they say "Yes, They are sealed and waterproof"
    Saying is one thing, putting it in print is another.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I am interested to know when in reverse and hitting the brakes what color shows....
    so what is the answer to this question?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    so what is the answer to this question?
    Reverse over rides brake lights.... WHITE is the answer.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I really liked the oval lights in the original post, but my little Tin trailer has bolt on rectangular lights. I could have bought an oval adapter but it would not have had a side marker light. I searched for the rectangular light with backup but could not find one. I bought and installed the light shown, but the jury is still out on this one. I am concerned that with it mounted so low, I might crash it at the ramp but it would not be an expensive replacement.
    Just thought I would pass this on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Banned
    bluewater cyber mites

7. Member
    There is a fatal flaw here. I was going to switch to their dual revolution lights, but could not find ANY mention of them being submersible. I wrote to Trux tech support and got this in return:

Hi Robert,

I have spoken to our technical expert, who advised me that unfortunately the lights are not submersible.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    Trux Admin
    Trux Accessories
    www.truxaccessories.com

So although they are nice, they won't survive on the back of a boat trailer. I did find some optronics lights in the 6.5" x 2" format that have the usual stop/turn/tail lights on about 3/4 of the thing, and clear backup lights on the other end (requires a new connection, obviously) I ordered a pair yesterday from eTrailer.com. Looks like they ought to do what we want, and they ARE fully submersible.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Saying is one thing, putting it in print is another.
    Correct. See my post immediately following this one. They are NOT submersible, according to Trux tech support.
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

9. mikesxpress
    Replaced the OEM reverse "marker lights" with true back up lights. You will never be able to see directly behind the boat loaded on the trailer. You need the areas to the side lit. These lights satisfies that plus some and they look like they belong on the trailer vs a bolt on.

Ebay.
    Fully submersible. Surface mount. Been on there for 3 years now and no issues.

10. Member
    Good smart post, mentioning the lights must illuminate the sides because you can't see behind the trailer. Bravo!

11. mikesxpress
    If the lights are not cascading illumination 2-3 feet on each side of the trailer for you to see when backing up then I don't know a reason to have them? Besides blinding the guy that's launching next to you.....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    If the lights are not cascading illumination 2-3 feet on each side of the trailer for you to see when backing up then I don't know a reason to have them? Besides blinding the guy that's launching next to you.....
    Just fished a tournament last week with dark launching dual ramps. You'd be surprised how many people don't know to turn their headlights off when approaching the ramp when someone else is trying to launch.

13. mikesxpress
    Just fished a tournament last week with dark launching dual ramps. You'd be surprised how many people don't know to turn their headlights off when approaching the ramp when someone else is trying to launch.
    I'm not surpised......

14. Member
    At the Lake Mitchell ramp, they have 10 signs that say "turn off lights when backing down ramp". The lights glow when your headlights hit 'em. Makes _NO_ difference to many.
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

wont play & I wont pay lolo

Upgrade to our Plus 500 plan for $399.99 a year
    That's Just over $1 a day!
    UNLIMITED 3rd party hosting made easy, effective, and safe.

Learn More

reality its the .. me, myself and I and screw you attitude.. seen if many years, and I said that about all Politician's for eons lolo

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    They definitely need to be adjusted right for them to be functional. I wouldnt be without mine works great and helps alot we launch early alot. They need to be adjusted downeard as well if they are they wont blind anyone.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

18. Member
    If I ever get my other (4 broken cars) projects fixed I will probably install backup lights on my trailer. I live in the woods with a very long narrow driveway with trees very close on each side. It's difficult to back up to the garage in the daytime and impossible at night.

19. Member
    I like the back-up lights,on the trailer. I tend to launch in the dark and also load in the dark. I'm searching for an led flood light to mount on the bow,that way I can see to load in the dark,having a light on the vehicle is blinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner16 View Post
    I like the back-up lights,on the trailer. I tend to launch in the dark and also load in the dark. I'm searching for an led flood light to mount on the bow,that way I can see to load in the dark,having a light on the vehicle is blinding.
    For loading in the dark consider putting some LEDs on the inboard side of the trailer frame rails. You can see them under water and kind of like lights on a landing runway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast