Thread: Eufaula?

Eufaula?

I'm going to make a trip there in just a few days and looking for any info.. I'll be bass fishing and it's a big lake just looking to narrow it down.. Thanks

2. Member
    Hard to narrow that monster down. So many good areas in each section of this thing. Seems the best action can be found in Dutchess, Porum, and Brooken. All these are up around and past the dam. These are USUALLY the cleanest water. But these areas are usually the highest presurred. Longview would be another excellent choice. A lot of fish can be caught up in there but it too is a highly pressured area. The triangle (the area between hiway 69 bridge and I think hiway 9 bridge) has been a good area to catch the smallmouth. If you run up Gaines creek be sure to run with the marker bouys caus it gets shallow outside the channel. Pay attention to ur maps as there are several points that run out a ways into the lake. And if the wind is blowing stiff, I recommend launching in the area you want to fish as this lake can get down right hairy and dangerous too navigate with the waves that will get churned up, especially out on the main lake and up the chute between eufala and the dam. That's all I got for ya.

Put in at Hiway 9 landing south then fish the Longtown area..

Nothing like the chute with a 25-30 mph wind out of the SW. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.