2010 Mercury ProXs slowing down

Don,
    2010 Mercury ProXs
    Engine serial number 1B778237
    Last weekend during a tournament, engine seemed to run fine from Wednesday through Friday, although it did seemed to idle a little rough. It would sort of surge a bit at slow idle and it went away when gave it a little gas and idled a little faster. On Saturday morning when they call my number, I take off and things seemed to be going well. With the hot foot to the floor I was turning 5000 rpm and running about 55 or 56. This seemed to be a little slow, normally I run about 62 or 63, but I didn’t think much about it. I was making a long run and I glanced down every so often to make sure all was going well. After about 15 minutes, I noticed I was only turning 4500rpm and I had slowed to about 50. A couple minutes later, it dropped to 4000prm and I slowed to 45. A minute later to 3500 rpm and it slowed to 38 to 40. I never let off the hot-foot. I made it to my first location, fished for a while, went to move and it had a hard time getting on pad and would only run 3500rpm at 40. As the day went on and we fished our way back, it slowly go better throughout the day. By the end of the day, it was getting on pad fine and was back to running 5000rpm at 55. So what’s going on?

2. Member
    I believe you already have thread going.......

Click on this >>>>>2010 Mercury ProXs losing power

3. Member
    Yes, I changed three of the coils and had a mechanic hooked it up to the computer to check codes. It's not throwing any codes. I do think the problem has changed a bit, so I wanted to provide an updated status.

4. Member
    The coil harness needs checked, and a spark test needs to be performed as the problem is occurring. Your best bet is to do a lake test with a technician, and a CDS.

5. Member
    Savage, you're thinking I'm still losing spark on one of the cylinders? So, it could be a plug wire also? I guess it would still be intermittent. Maybe chaffed wire somewhere?

6. Member
    Yes.

Not likely a spark plug wire.

7. Member
    Ok, eliminating the spark wire helps. I'll take a closer look at the wiring. Is there anyway it could be fuel restriction? Can that be eliminated?

8. Member
    I didn't say to "eliminate" the plug wires, I just said its not likely......

Possibly..... you'll need to take fuel and air pressure readings with Two glycerin filled gauges.