Any DIY fixes for ventilating compartments?

Hey guys, I've been searching for a thread or video of a DIY project to help get rid of all the moisture in my compartments! I have a 2002 zx190 that seems to hold a lot of moisture in the compartments! I think a air circulation system attached to the charging plug would do the job. Just looking for ideas on how to keep it simple and safe. What kind of fan(s), do I need to make a manifold, cutting into compartment boxes for flow, etc...
    Thanks for any ideas!!
    2002 Skeeter ZX190 Yamaha 150 HPDI

2. Member
    Attwood in-line bilge blower is what I have been kicking around. I would like to find something flush mounted but have not located what I want.

What I do now is prop the lids open a bit and run a box fan under the cover. Seems to help a lot, looking to figure out how to get fresh air in also instead of just recirculating the air that is in there

3. Member
    I have a newer model Skeeter with the on board fan but I use this setup instead. Place in the starboard rod locker close lid and open port side rear compartment. Also use this fan to dry out live well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 4Kboater; 09-12-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks for the responses! I was thinking of more of a permanent solution with a blower installed somewhere on the boat that only comes on when I plug the charger in. I would probably have to vent the compartments better and the cover would have to be modified to allow the moisture to escape. What do you guys think?

No one has any links to video or thread about DIY ventilation projects?

6. Banned
    Use a portable fan! Anything else installed in a boat will corrode and fail in short time.