Rainy Lake MN Fishing Trip

I pulled the X19 to Rainy Lake Mn to take a 6 day fishing trip with my dad. We mainly targeted walleye but caught a few northern pike and smallmouths. We had a great time and everything went good with the boat and motor. Beautiful country and I would recommend it to anyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    Cool looks like you had good weather. Nice pics

3. Member
    Nice, was the water rough at times?

Im here in the twin cities and never been up there, will have to make it sometime, that and vermillion.

And also, that is one big pike.

Quote Originally Posted by el_taco View Post
    Nice, was the water rough at times?

Im here in the twin cities and never been up there, will have to make it sometime, that and vermillion.

And also, that is one big pike.
    Yes, the water got pretty rough a couple times. But we were fishing some open water areas for walleye, vertical jigging. So when the wind would pick up we would just try and find some protected areas to fish. Plenty of islands to fish around for casting, just got a little rough getting out or coming back a few times. There was only one day where we were one of the only people to go out from our camp and we just found a protected bank and cast for pike and smallies. But we could have easily put it on the trailer and been on Rainy river in 20 minutes. The pike was roughly 42".

5. Member
    Awesome pic's Brian!

And I'll say ....... that Merc looks good on the back of that Xpress!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci