Hagen
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

2. Hagen
    Growing up around the lake before it had grass and seeing what it has grown into, I don't "think" tva would dare kill the grass like back in the day. But what do I know.
    My question is I have been to Guntersville and seen where they cut big strips out with what ever kinda boat it is for a ramp. Why can't they use this everywhere? I ain't ever seen what kinda machine they cut it with. Has anyone else?
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

3. Banned
    No conspiracy and there is grass on the surface mid lake area. It's not matted like above 60 or down on the jack but it's there if you look for it.

Bill

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

5. Member
    What I don't understand is the difference between Nickajack, which has plenty of mats, and Chickamauga, which has very few. The weather is pretty much the same on both. I have seen "mowers" on Chick, but it's been a few years ago.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    What I don't understand is the difference between Nickajack, which has plenty of mats, and Chickamauga, which has very few. The weather is pretty much the same on both. I have seen "mowers" on Chick, but it's been a few years ago.
    That's what's started the "conspiracy" nickajack and guntersville are covered in matts and have been for months. The chick from the 60 bridge down doesn't have much grass at all. There are a couple mats in shallow water but most is a foot or so high up off bottom. Alot of reports of people fishing a grassline one week and pulling up dead brown grass the next on the lower end.
    Alot of nay sayers blame the weather but you don't get such a drastic difference in grass growth in just a few miles like we've got this year. The only thing that keeps me from being fully on board with the spraying / pellet crowd is the very real possibility of one of the plants up the Hiawassee is dumping something in the water that is killing the grass.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    That's what's started the "conspiracy" nickajack and guntersville are covered in matts and have been for months. The chick from the 60 bridge down doesn't have much grass at all. There are a couple mats in shallow water but most is a foot or so high up off bottom. Alot of reports of people fishing a grassline one week and pulling up dead brown grass the next on the lower end.
    Alot of nay sayers blame the weather but you don't get such a drastic difference in grass growth in just a few miles like we've got this year. The only thing that keeps me from being fully on board with the spraying / pellet crowd is the very real possibility of one of the plants up the Hiawassee is dumping something in the water that is killing the grass.
    Something dumping up the Hiawassee River makes total sense. Above the Hwy 60 bridge, the Tennessee River side has grass, the Hiawassee side does not. What's up the Hiawassee other than the Bowater (or whatever paper mill) Plant? Might do some riding up the Hiawassee side this weekend and look around.

8. Banned
    There are mats all around Hiwassee island.

Bill

9. Member
    I went to Watts Bar today and drove back down to my house via Hwy. 58. There is no grass around the new bridge where it crosses the Hiawassee.