Thread: Irma

Irma

I think we survived it without much damage in our area. I have not had power for 7 hours .. I work for a natural gas utility and we have had very little damage to our system. Ridge vent blew off roof ,, had to put it back on in the rain .. That sucked . had a good rain suit tho.. I know people south of here took a beating . We have a pile of people local that left Fla .. My wife took a bunch of stuff over to the civic center yesterday to help out . Lady from our church is working there as a volunteer so she had specific stuff. Things I wouldn't think about. These things really open your eyes , one of the biggest things that I hope people come away with is this country isn't nearly as divided as the media tries to make it. I work every day with the public and sure there is some crazies but if you watch the news we should never be able to pull together like this to help each other . I may be headed south if needed ,don't know yet . To early to asses the damage and needs for us .
    Last edited by mgeod; 09-11-2017 at 08:14 PM.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Glad y'all made it safe, she looked pretty rough!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Well I made it thru with no damage. I cut all the trees down on my property when I built in 2010. Some of my neighbors didn't far so well. I lost power around 1100 Sunday night. Fired the generator up around 1130 and it ran until 1100 Tuesday night. The people down the street still have no power. About a 1/4 of the neighborhoods around here flooded out. About a 1/4 of the people here still have no water or power. We had sustained winds around 40 and a max gust of 70. We got almost 14 inches of rain. Schools are closed until next Monday and they just started letting people that evacuated back into the county today. I have to report to work tomorrow but, one of the bridges is out so I have to drive about 15 miles out of the way to go around. Gonna be a while before things go back to normal around here. I am about 20 miles north of Jacksonville Fl on the coast in GA. Basically destroyed our downtown water front right off of the intercoastal waterway. Sunk boats everywhere.

These boats are sitting in the marsh.

Last edited by K-DAWG; 09-16-2017 at 09:14 AM.

4. Member
    Glad you are ok sir. The destruction is so depressing.
    Carte's Custom

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Wow!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Dang.. glad your ok .

They just named our county on the coast and the county above us on the coast federal disaster areas. So, now the thousands of people who homes were flooded can be eligible for FEMA funds. Looks like FEMA will now pick up 75% of the cost to repair and the State will pick up the other 25% because we have been hit by 2 hurricanes here in less than a year. We got hit by Matthew last year. My dad just got power back last night and they have brought in big generators to run the pump stations so they can turn the water back on. They shut the water off because the pump (sewage) stations had gone down. So, they started that yesterday. Schools and the Navy Base (Kings Bay Naval Submarine Station) will open back up Monday.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 09-16-2017 at 09:19 AM.

8. Member
    Wow... glad you guys are safe and things are looking up.