Under the cowling of a Suzuki 250 SS

Just wanted to share some pics for those who might be considering purchasing a Suzuki 250 SS and show what it looks like under the cowling for ease of maintenance. It has coil over packs on each spark plug, 3 fuel filters, and easy to access oil filter.

Break in procedures are also straight forward as well in case people are wondering.
    Initial 5 minute warmup, idle while in gear for the first 15 minutes, and then no more than 3K rpms for 1:45 (but allowed to go over 3K until on plane). From 2-3 hours, keep at no more than 4K rpms, and then you are able to go WOT for no more than 5 minutes until you have 10 hours on the motor. Then it also has the typical 20 hour fluid change.

If there are any pics people would like to see, let me know and I'll take and post a pic.

motor front.jpgmotor port small.jpgmotor stbd.jpg
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

What kind of top end are you seeing with your Puma?

4. Member
    I'm curious to know as well. Though you probably won't have a good idea until you're done with break in

5. Member
    Currently I'm at 61 while turning 5k RPMS (29P prop) and have yet to fully open it up because of the better bow lift which is causing my Talons to drag. One of these days I'll take it out without the Talons on and see what it can do once I get the jack plate dialed in correctly before attaching them again. I'm expecting low 70s based on the prop slip calculator and 6K rpms and having a Gorilla Hull which bleeds speed on BCB hulls for whatever reasons. Regardless of the top end, I still enjoy this boat and motor setup knowing it's pretty much a solid fishing platform for where I fish.

6. Member
    What's the diameter of your 29. I have 2 28 props. 1) 14.5 and 1) 14.25. The latter runs up on the rev. And then seems to run about 5500 revs at 6 or 7 mph slower in the summer. Don't know why but the bigger prop is not affected much by summer temps

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    What's the diameter of your 29. I have 2 28 props. 1) 14.5 and 1) 14.25. The latter runs up on the rev. And then seems to run about 5500 revs at 6 or 7 mph slower in the summer. Don't know why but the bigger prop is not affected much by summer temps
    The 4 bladed prop I have is 14.5 and has blocked off vent holes FWIW. Supposedly the prop I have is a newer design, but not really sure how it's much different than the previous props. Before I got my Suzuki prop, I was running a 27P Fury and was experiencing some bad prop torque with it where the boat was listing to port while on plane. Granted I never pushed it must past 3K rpms since I was just trying to break in the motor to see if it would correct itself or not. But the Suzuki prop eliminated the prop torque at 3K rpms from what I can tell.

Good looking motor......if Suzuki would build a 225ss i would put my ProXS up for sale tomorrow to get one

9. Member
    Where did you get your swap done?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacatman View Post
    Where did you get your swap done?
    Sports Marine in Newport News. They sell & rig both Yamaha & Suzuki outboards.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Good looking motor......if Suzuki would build a 225ss i would put my ProXS up for sale tomorrow to get one

I agree 100% and would do the exact same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I agree 100% and would do the exact same thing!
    Better look out ,,,we have agreed on two different things in a month kinda of scary

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Better look out ,,,we have agreed on two different things in a month kinda of scary

I might be turning over a new leaf. I wondered a few months back why there was no 225ss, figured I was the only one to question that though.

14. Member
    Gol Dang!! A new Suzuki AND a Bass Cat, the best of all possible worlds.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Gol Dang!! A new Suzuki AND a Bass Cat, the best of all possible worlds.
    LOL!! Thanks, now I just gotta learn how to drive that Bass Cat with a 250 on it. So far, the fastest I've had it is 68 mph @ 5500 rpms before it starts chine walking and I'm not comfortable enough to handle it. I'm sure having a Gorilla Hull might have something to do with the way it handles as well.

Thanks for posting these. I have not been able to find any before these.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X