2017 zx225 w/ hydraulic plate

Hey Guys,
    So this is my first boat with a hydraulic plate. Boat runs well but I am still getting the hang of it. I run (what I consider) a very light load. A dozen or so rods, maybe at most 50lbs of tackle and thats about it. Almost everything is in the center rod locker.

The boat runs really well except when I have a heavy load on the passenger side (heavy co or lots of tackle). I cant seem to figure out the best way to balance this out.

For general performance what are your plate settings and trim levels? is there a ratio I am looking for or some rule of thumb to keep in mind? No matter what I try I dont think I have found the "sweet spot".

I was thinking that as my load gets heavier with livewells, etc my jackplate should be higher to compensate? or am I way off.

Thanks!

As your load gets heavier, your plate should go down, not up.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    You have to play around to figure out what is best. I have the same prop to pad, with 2 people and/or full live well as I do with just me and empty wells with The SHO prop, on some props I have tested, I have to run the plate up to gain some speed back.