Thread: 2006 Xpress X18

2006 Xpress X18

What could one reasonably expect to sell an 06 X18-TS for? The boat has a Yamaha F150 with 98 hours on it with a 23M prop. Lighted livewell, rod boxes etc. It's on the aluminum Backtracker trailer with very good Marathon tires. The motor has new Yamalube and filter, new plugs and fuel filters including VST filters. The recirculate and pumpout functions in the livewell work as well as the bilge. Pad and hull in good shape.

The bad: The OEM fishfinders do not work so there are no electronics, there is a hole the size of a quarter in the carpet on top of the right rod box, the middle seat stitching has come undone in a 5" section at the top of the seat, the stenciling on the rocker switches has come off, the speedo doesn't work (does that really matter?) The boat would come with lifejackets, anchors, ropes, throw nets, misc items a fold and troll and a go-light with the nav lights built in. The boat has been stored in my driveway with a cover on it. I'm the original owner.

I know that NADA states $12,XXX to $14,XXX low/high retail but I think NADA and market value tend to be mutually exclusive meaning I'm not going to ask nor get that amount. I've searched online but get fairly limited samples. I'm just trying to be fair and realistic. The boat is red with tan interior and overall on a 1-10 scale I'd say it's a 7. The boat just sits except for the occasional launch to make sure there are no surprises that have popped up. Last launch was in July, boat was run 20 miles and loaded back up. Boat is in Birmingham, Alabama just to give an indication on market.

Thanks.

We think alike. I am not greedy but expect to get no less than the low value listed in the book and you should not feel bad holding firm on that number. That is of course the boat condition is good. Better condition does not automatically guarantee retail but condition sells!

3. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

6 months ago I paid 14.5k for my 2009 h18, it had a Yamaha 115 with only 34 hours, 24v TM and all working gauges except speedo. Boat was garage kept.

i priced it to similar boats in my area and it seemed to be a little under average price to other comparable Xpress boats around the same model and year.

6. Member
    NADA typically tends to be a little low when it comes to boats. With that said, I'd think your boat is a solid $14,5 boat ...... even without depthfinders. A lot of the other things you mentioned are typical wear-tear items for a boat that's over 10yrs old. The low hour F150 will help sell that boat, as a lot of people now only want a four stroke, especially in an aluminum fishing boat.

As for your speedometer not working ......... check the little tiny pickup hole in your lower unit. It's not uncommon to hit a stick running down the lake and it stop them up. You can take a tiny drill bit and try inserting it with your fingers. If it goes in, look for other fixes ...... if it doesn't go in, try rotating the drill bit with your fingers to drill out the wood. Notice ...... no mention of a drill, just your fingers. If that doesn't fix it, you can disconnect the speedometer tube at the motor and at the speedometer and blow air through it. If all that doesn't fix it, then you most likely have a bad gauge.

Good Luck!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    NADA typically tends to be a little low when it comes to boats. With that said, I'd think your boat is a solid $14,5 boat ...... even without depthfinders. A lot of the other things you mentioned are typical wear-tear items for a boat that's over 10yrs old. The low hour F150 will help sell that boat, as a lot of people now only want a four stroke, especially in an aluminum fishing boat.

As for your speedometer not working ......... check the little tiny pickup hole in your lower unit. It's not uncommon to hit a stick running down the lake and it stop them up. You can take a tiny drill bit and try inserting it with your fingers. If it goes in, look for other fixes ...... if it doesn't go in, try rotating the drill bit with your fingers to drill out the wood. Notice ...... no mention of a drill, just your fingers. If that doesn't fix it, you can disconnect the speedometer tube at the motor and at the speedometer and blow air through it. If all that doesn't fix it, then you most likely have a bad gauge.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the response. I just put new trolling motor batteries in it, new hydraulic seat pedestals, had the middle seat stitching resewn at the top where it was coming loose and had the pedestal seats refinished at an upholstery shop. These things should help but these $8000 to $9500 offers are killing me. I'm extremely reasonable with it, based on the price you quoted but people want you to absolutely give your stuff away.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress-kyle View Post
    Thanks for the response. I just put new trolling motor batteries in it, new hydraulic seat pedestals, had the middle seat stitching resewn at the top where it was coming loose and had the pedestal seats refinished at an upholstery shop. These things should help but these $8000 to $9500 offers are killing me. I'm extremely reasonable with it, based on the price you quoted but people want you to absolutely give your stuff away.
    You should have no problem getting 14K out of that boat, its in really good shape for being an 06. Just ignore the ridiculous 8-9.5K offers... People that are offering that more than likely aren't serious about the purchase. Someone will come along and give you close to asking price. Just be patient, this time of year is tough selling a boat as well. Most people look early spring for a boat... Don't get discouraged, it will sell.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX