Tri-Tronics Flyway

I have an older Flyway 3000, needs new batteries but it works fine. I just put a deposit down for a new Weim and will be training her to hunt (mostly pheasants) and NAVHDA tests. My question is with all the new technology out there, am I better off spending a few hundred on a newer system?

thanks,
    Eric
    If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes.

2. Member
    Flyway is a retriever model. I have very little experience with weims, but my impression is they are more sensitive than the retrevers im more familiar with. You have a great collar, but if I recall correctly from my older model (pre-gen2) the continuous stim is only coarse adjustment, so if you use continuous stim for anything you may want to be able to fine tune the level of stimulation more than you'll be able to. I have used this for force fetch, not sure if you would use it for this, but after I had one dog was in between levels ("2" wasnt enough and "3" was too much) I traded in for a pro 500, which is essentially the same thing but with finer adjustment on both momentary and continuous.

3. Banned
    If I were replacing one of my systems, it would be with a Dogtra Edge. That said, my DT 302 and my Garmin Alpha with TT collars serve my needs. I would probably replace the batteries and test the unit on my palm, to insure that it performs like you want.