'17 zx200 with fury

I recently purchased a Fury 24 to put on my 2017 ZX200 w a 200 SHO. I had to do something because the 23 SHO prop that came with it has already cracked on the ID.

I have went from 5900 rpms to no more than 5600 rpms and have lost 2-3 mph and not getting as much lift. With old prop, I was 65-66 mph and 5900 rpms at blast off w/ full tourney load, 2 ppl and full tank. Hole shot is about the same. Porpoising is much much better at low speeds with this prop. I bought the prop because I've got a buddy with a zx225 and one with a zx250 both running furys and both say the prop brought there boat to life!

Anyone else running a zx200 /200 SHO and a 24 Fury? Speeds? Jack plate height (dots showing)? RPMs? Wondering if I should raise/lower my jackplate?

Boat has 2 8' power poles and 4 batteries in the back. Vents holes in the prop are open. Currently only the weight of a 24v fortrex. 36v ultrex ordered.

2. Member
    That 23T1 is the prop for your boat. I have run a 24p fury on a 225. Doesnt hold a candle to the VMAX prop on on these combos.

Furys are too stiff for that combo which is your problem. Worked 23p tempest would be another option.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    That 23T1 is the prop for your boat. I have run a 24p fury on a 225. Doesnt hold a candle to the VMAX prop on on these combos.

Furys are too stiff for that combo which is your problem. Worked 23p tempest would be another option.
    The 23T1 Vmax and 23T1 SHO prop are different. The vmax series blows out when coming out of the hole. Not sure what's different but something is. Some guys are saying they are running a 25T1 prop on my set up and getting close to 68-69. The 25t1s seems to be impossible to find.

I'm not a performance guy so you deff know more than me. What do you mean prop is too stiff? Just too much prop to turn?

4. Member
    The new Zx200s are suppose come with a 23p VMAX SHO prop. That is the right prop for that boat. The 24 Fury runs the same RPMs as a 25p VMAX SHO prop, which is too much prop for that set up.

23p VMAX prop is vented and 14 1/2" diameter.
    23p VMAX SHO is nonvented and 15 1/8" diameter.

5. Member
    Or try a tempest prop. You will get your rpms back.

6. Member
    With Fury I thought you go down in pitch to be equal due to stiffness of material...hence why you lost rpm's