Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
    Hey bro,
    Yes, I’m referring to those 2 cables. The grommet holding in the wires pulled out too. I need to attach a pic!
    i would bet good money the installer didn't leave a loop of slack in those cables and the motor turned and pulled them out.

Page 26 of this manual shows what I'm talking about https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...616.1518063649

3. Member
    I’ll have to take a look! Thank you very much!

4. Member
    I don't think I will be getting one of those whirly gigs for a while.
    They are not quite perfected yet. JMO

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    i would bet good money the installer didn't leave a loop of slack in those cables and the motor turned and pulled them out.

Page 26 of this manual shows what I'm talking about https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...616.1518063649
    That ^ is exactly what happened. Incorrect installation procedure. Incorrect installation is neither Minn Kota’s fault nor a design flaw.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    That ^ is exactly what happened. Incorrect installation procedure. Incorrect installation is neither Minn Kota’s fault nor a design flaw.
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    When they tell you to leave a loop in the line they are not kidding . I got a new Ultrex that just came in and will be putting it on this week . And yes I will install heading censor on my console .

8. Member
    My blue light on the foot pedal was on and making a beeping sound when I got back to the camper tonight. Turning it off and on did nothing. I had to turn the breaker off to make it stop. Anyone know what could be wrong?
    2018 Phoenix 721 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro-XS
    2 Garmin 126SV’s up front with LVS 32 & 34, Helix 10 & 106SV at console, 8’ Blades, and Ultrex

9. Member
    Does the dealer install the unit or the factory?

10. Member
    I installed mine myself last november. put a big loop on transducer cable . installed heading unit on bow next to motor and calibrated it. no issues other than forgetting to turn off a few times.

I am looking forward to purchasing the Ultrex. However, I will be watching to see how they handle the sensor board problem. Since they know the motors that may have an issue they should be proactive and have the potentially faulty boards replaced. They should not wait for the customer to have a failure. Yes, it would be cheaper for them to do it that way in the short run. Yes, they may end up replacing some that may never fail. If they want my money I expect Minn Kota to do the right thing.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeauxPete View Post
    My blue light on the foot pedal was on and making a beeping sound when I got back to the camper tonight. Turning it off and on did nothing. I had to turn the breaker off to make it stop. Anyone know what could be wrong?
    mine does the same. when i cut it off with the switch on the pedal, it will beep and the blue light stays on. i just flip the breaker

I used my Ultrex for my first try at drop shoting , dang that thing is sweet . I had an Ulterra before this and always worried that it would not deploy and I was correct .

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    I am looking forward to purchasing the Ultrex. However, I will be watching to see how they handle the sensor board problem. Since they know the motors that may have an issue they should be proactive and have the potentially faulty boards replaced. They should not wait for the customer to have a failure. Yes, it would be cheaper for them to do it that way in the short run. Yes, they may end up replacing some that may never fail. If they want my money I expect Minn Kota to do the right thing.
    The sensor board problem is ambient temperature related. They do know the serial numbers of the first generations, but not all have the problem because of temp/humidity. We as ASCs have a service bulletin to change them out if they come in for service.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

15. Member
    I have a Ultrex that came with my boat purchased in October 2018, sometimes the motor won't cut off when i release the foot switch. Is there a quick fix for this or do I need to take it off the boat and carry it to a service center?

I hadn't had my boat in the water for 9 months, my son was going to take it out for me (been ill). He tried the trolling motor before heading to the lake and it wouldn't come on. he removed the bottom plate from the foot controller and EVERYTHING was corroded to the point of not work. I think my mistake was not hitting the breaker and which would disconnect the power. fortunately its still under warranty and is being repaired now. The board in the foot pedal is being replaced.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

17. Member
    Still under warranty is a wonderful thing;)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny.g View Post
    I have a Ultrex that came with my boat purchased in October 2018, sometimes the motor won't cut off when i release the foot switch. Is there a quick fix for this or do I need to take it off the boat and carry it to a service center?
    Do you think you may be hitting to continuous button , its easy to do with boots on .

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonny.g View Post
    Pull the little step button off and stretch the spring. the magnets are continuing to touch

20. Member
    Those darn MG 's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast