Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tough day on KY lake

Down for a couple days before the rain starts to Fish and relax. We went out today for 6 hrs and got our arse handed to us.

2. Member
    You are not the only bones. It is tough right now. I know some good local fishermen that are struggling now. So much so that I decided to stay home and bush hog and plant food plots.

3. Member
    For me lately... if I don't catch them early, then I don't catch them at all. My advice would be out there waiting on safe light so you can get that morning bite. It goes away fast.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Member
    My arse has been returned to me as well...... I had one of the only zero's on this lake that I can remember a week ago? Partner behind me caught two sub 15" fish early... I had a small fish miss a topwater bait early for my only bite of a 10 hour day. I have no idea... Should get better real soon.

5. Member
    It's better

6. Member
    We did finally figure out a little something and caught a few decent fish. Still could have been better but had a good time and the weather cooperated better than what it looked like it would be. Home now and planning next vacation.

7. Member
    Well it went from good to horrible, fishing that is. Went out the last two days and about as tough as I have seen Ky Lake in the fall. Water temp is 81 degrees and no water moving at all. I would like to see the lake drop about 7 more inches plus water temp about 12 degrees.

8. Scraps
    This must be why it's called "KY" Lake.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I had one about 6lbs Sat. The only bite I had. Not even a short fish to go with it. My wife caught 1 abou16" Friday afternoon while. I got skunked.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

10. Member
    At least this make me feel better. I thought it was just me.

11. Member
    It is as slow as I have seen it in a long time. I fished Sunday caught 4 with the big fish maybe 3 lbs.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

12. Member
    Kentucky Lake was tough for me last weekend. Fished Friday-Sunday. Caight 5 dinks Friday, 5 dinks Saturday, 12 dinks Sunday. Fished from 1' to 20'. No shad schools balled up, they were scattered everwhere. Saw alot of asian carp schools. Our club had a tourney Sunday out of KenLake.(12 boats). One limit was weighed in for 15 lbs., 2nd was 3-5lbs., and 3rd was 1-4.5 lbs. I got skunked, which rarely happens. Just tough all around. I fished from Moors south to Byrd Bay. Fished both LBL and West side. Lake was about 355.6 and 75-81 deg. Just tough overall, at least the weather was nice!, and the food at the Keg in Murray was great as always. Oh well, fishing beats working!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoStratos View Post
    Kentucky Lake was tough for me last weekend. Fished Friday-Sunday. Caight 5 dinks Friday, 5 dinks Saturday, 12 dinks Sunday. Fished from 1' to 20'. No shad schools balled up, they were scattered everwhere. Saw alot of asian carp schools. Our club had a tourney Sunday out of KenLake.(12 boats). One limit was weighed in for 15 lbs., 2nd was 3-5lbs., and 3rd was 1-4.5 lbs. I got skunked, which rarely happens. Just tough all around. I fished from Moors south to Byrd Bay. Fished both LBL and West side. Lake was about 355.6 and 75-81 deg. Just tough overall, at least the weather was nice!, and the food at the Keg in Murray was great as always. Oh well, fishing beats working!
    Never eaten at the Keg but just checked out the menu online. Looks really good! Anything that is a must get? The cajun food sounds great.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

14. Member
    The steak is as good as it comes for sure

15. Member
    Any theories for why the lake has been so tough?

16. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    Any theories for why the lake has been so tough?
    The fry aren't in the bays like they should be,Asian carp?
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

17. Member
    The cajun food is very good, as are the steaks. There pork chops are the bomb and the catfish is excellent. They also have a butcher shop and will custom cut meat for you. Btw there beer is cold too! IMO, when they changed the alcohol laws in the lakes area, it has revitalized the economy. Its fine if you dont drink, but now every restaurant and marina sells it and saves me from transporting it from Mo.

The cajun food is very good, as are the steaks. There pork chops are the bomb and the catfish is excellent. They also have a butcher shop and will custom cut meat for you. Btw there beer is cold too! IMO, when they changed the alcohol laws in the lakes area, it has revitalized the economy. Its fine if you dont drink, but now every restaurant and marina sells it and saves me from transporting it from Mo.
    Now all we need is legal gambling.

Saw a couple schools of larger bait suspended in the middle of the mouths of a couple of the bays around Kenlake last Saturday and Sunday. I thinks its about to get good but probably will need a week of cooler temps to really turn it on.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

20. Member
    you have a PM

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast