Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Yeah, i think or it is my opinion that is due more to stress than lack of baitfish. Barren has been seeing this for the past few years and it has finally hit a low point that almost everyone will admit. You always see the questions about how far bass travel after weigh ins but it seems very few studies have been done. Maybe the fish just can't feed in an unfamiliar part of lake? Wouldn't they have been there otherwise?
    Interesting,because when i fished below the dam thus summer the majority of the fish looked as you described.It was also stated by others as well.

2. Member
    The few we are catching about all look that way. Look like they haven't eaten in a week. If there is that much food available, it doesn't make sense.

3. Member
    So weird. I fished over Labor Day weekend and the fish that I was catching were extremely healthy. All had bait (shad/crawfish) in their mouth too.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Yeah, i think or it is my opinion that is due more to stress than lack of baitfish. Barren has been seeing this for the past few years and it has finally hit a low point that almost everyone will admit. You always see the questions about how far bass travel after weigh ins but it seems very few studies have been done. Maybe the fish just can't feed in an unfamiliar part of lake? Wouldn't they have been there otherwise?
    Don't the bass eat the Asian Carp minnows or fingerlings? Seems like if they did they would have plenty of food.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana01 View Post
    Don't the bass eat the Asian Carp minnows or fingerlings? Seems like if they did they would have plenty of food.
    I'm sure they do but when a fish is taken from primarily shallow water with lots of cover and moved to a more open structure type of enviroment, can they adapt and feed normally?

Quote Originally Posted by indiana01 View Post
    They do, but the carp grow so fast that they're not eating size for very long.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    I went the other day and had one blow up on a gunfish, somehow missed it, and caught one short on a jerkbait. Rough day of fishing, but the weather was great and had the lake to myself at least. This time of year always gets the best of me, but I'm determined to figure this thing out one way or another!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Guys I don't claim to be a pro like some guys who know it all but I have done very good in the fall in past years. Fishing right now on Ky Lake is as tough as I have seen it in the fall. I have fished six days in the past week and yet to catch a tournament limit. Talk about bait, I haven't seen that much from Ky Dam to Paris, plus I have seen four pound fish with a six pound body, they look like they are starving. We won the Renegade in 2012 and came with in 400 one hundredth of an ounce winning it in 2014, don't have to worry about us winning this year, may not even make the cut.
    Mark this down as a post that didn't age well... Congrats on your 2nd place finish with 20.88 lbs on the third day.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Mark this down as a post that didn't age well... Congrats on your 2nd place finish with 20.88 lbs on the third day.
    Thanks Dave, it was a very lucky bite and we had that lucky bite because of the cloudy weather. We should have had 20 pounds on Wednesday with the cloud cover but just missed them. That water is like drinking water from Blood to Ky Dam.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Thanks Dave, it was a very lucky bite and we had that lucky bite because of the cloudy weather. We should have had 20 pounds on Wednesday with the cloud cover but just missed them. That water is like drinking water from Blood to Ky Dam.
    I fished in the tourney as well. It was very clear. We had topwater fish found from during the week and couldn't get enough of them to come up Thursday or Friday. Wasn't able to relocate them. We were telling ourselves if we can just make it to Saturday, the fishing will change for the better.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

11. Member
    I have limited experience on Kentucky, but this summer I did notice tons of balls of tiny shad. I've always heard the shad were really big there. This makes me wonder because over the years I remember on different lakes around here seeing lots of really big shad and the fish being really healthy, easy to catch. Then all of sudden all you see is those little 1 to 2 inch bait balls floating all over and bass going downhill really fast. I think the bass spent all their time up high in the water column and can't eat enough to keep up with what they are burning, so they never really get where you can catch em, if that makes sense. If that's the case you guys are in for some long years ahead.

12. Member

Most of the fish we caught this week were busting with big shad. This fish was gourging and had half of another 6" shad hanging out of its throat and still ate our bait. This fish was caught in practice. After day 2 we had the front half of 2 different 5-6" shad in the livewell. Theyre not all unhealthy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They aint got hands, set the hook

13. Member
    Headed out on the lake tomorrow. Haven't been in a while due the wife and I having our first child. Sooo what's working? I'll be farther south around the Jville area.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Headed out on the lake tomorrow. Haven't been in a while due the wife and I having our first child. Sooo what's working? I'll be farther south around the Jville area.
    id have nothing but a topwater in hand and theow nothing else

15. Member
    Headed to Paris TN next weekend for a tourney. Hope the cold weather turns the fish on.

16. Member
    Thats what I like to hear. I was hoping it'd be cloudy, but it's looking like all sunshine.

17. Banned
    A 10.3 was caught and weighed in yesterday out of Kenlake in a IL team clasic event.However the overall #s are low.

18. Member
    Went this morning. Caught several fish, but nothing big. Mostly topwater, and a couple on a jig.

19. Member
    Fished around Paris landing and only caught one keeper in two days. Tons of shorts.

20. Member
    I fished Saturday morning caught three keepers best was 5+ a 4 pound smallie and one largemouth that had a 4 pound head and a 2 pound body.
    Don't know if it was just a old fish or something wrong with it did look kinda funny. also a few shorts and
    the big fish of the day was a drum in the 12-15 lbs. range. I will say he crushed a square bill crankbait.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast