1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Now all we need is legal gambling.
    And some good ole recreational marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman76 View Post
    And some good ole recreational marijuana
    lol if it saves my pension.

3. Member
    Anybody got any advice for somebody going down this weekend? Will be staying around paris but dont care to drive over to barkley if its better
    They aint got hands, set the hook

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Anybody got any advice for somebody going down this weekend? Will be staying around paris but dont care to drive over to barkley if its better
    Stay around Paris

Seriously though, no way Barkley will be better than KY. Never is. I've been hearing as low as 7lbs winning local 5 fish tourneys on Barkley for the past month.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

5. Member
    Also, just an FYI. The Renegade Classic (250+ boats) and the BFL Regional (225 boats) are both October 5-7. Both lakes will be extremely busy this weekend with everyone starting their practice.

6. Banned
    Cold front coming in on Thursday, should level the playing field. It's anyone's guess as to what they'll be doing this weekend, but if I were to bet they will more than likely be scattered chasing shad. Topwater, flukes, spinnerbaits, pointers, rattletraps, killer bees, A-rig, and so on.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Cold front coming in on Thursday, should level the playing field. It's anyone's guess as to what they'll be doing this weekend, but if I were to bet they will more than likely be scattered chasing shad. Topwater, flukes, spinnerbaits, pointers, rattletraps, killer bees, A-rig, and so on.
    Spot on here. The bite is going to be really scattered and very tough.

Fishin is Life.... if you aren't fishing in either of those tourneys and can hold off until November, the fishing will be a lot better! It's always tough this time of year as the fish are stuck between summer and fall.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Spot on here. The bite is going to be really scattered and very tough.

Fishin is Life.... if you aren't fishing in either of those tourneys and can hold off until November, the fishing will be a lot better! It's always tough this time of year as the fish are stuck between summer and fall.
    Agreed! It's this time of year that will really make you feel humble, with so much food in the water it's hard to get them to take a fake one! They will follow lures all the way to the boat this time of year, then wink at you just as you are about to lift your bait out of the water.

9. Member
    Also, just an FYI. The Renegade Classic (250+ boats) and the BFL Regional (225 boats) are both October 5-7. Both lakes will be extremely busy this weekend with everyone starting their practice.
    so dumb they schedule both tourneys the same week. The renegade is always that week, the bfl should know that.

Throw in a handful of local club tourneys and couple USA Bassin tournaments and it will be interesting to say the least

11. Member
    I would run as much water as possible. I've yet to find any schooling bass but just running on high and burning a spinnerbait or spook has been what's putting fish in the boat. No big bags but better than most other techniques

Where is the Renegade launching out of?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew18 View Post
    Where is the Renegade launching out of?
    Kutawa Harbor

14. Member
    Guys I don't claim to be a pro like some guys who know it all but I have done very good in the fall in past years. Fishing right now on Ky Lake is as tough as I have seen it in the fall. I have fished six days in the past week and yet to catch a tournament limit. Talk about bait, I haven't seen that much from Ky Dam to Paris, plus I have seen four pound fish with a six pound body, they look like they are starving. We won the Renegade in 2012 and came with in 400 one hundredth of an ounce winning it in 2014, don't have to worry about us winning this year, may not even make the cut.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    Guys I don't claim to be a pro like some guys who know it all but I have done very good in the fall in past years. Fishing right now on Ky Lake is as tough as I have seen it in the fall. I have fished six days in the past week and yet to catch a tournament limit. Talk about bait, I haven't seen that much from Ky Dam to Paris, plus I have seen four pound fish with a six pound body, they look like they are starving. We won the Renegade in 2012 and came with in 400 one hundredth of an ounce winning it in 2014, don't have to worry about us winning this year, may not even make the cut.
    Did you see much bait this summer? I only get to fish it a couple times a month, but I wasn't seeing near the amount of shad as in years past.

16. Member
    I was there mid august and I saw about the same thing. Bass with a 4lb head and a 1.5lb body, they really looked to be starving. But we only caught a handful total over a 3 day period. But you would think if the bass were really starving they would be eating any lure that went by and be super easy to catch. But that wasn't the case either. We have our club classic next weekend and I know it will be a mad house with two giant tourneys going on. Our timing was terrible on this one.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_hoss View Post
    I was there mid august and I saw about the same thing. Bass with a 4lb head and a 1.5lb body, they really looked to be starving. But we only caught a handful total over a 3 day period. But you would think if the bass were really starving they would be eating any lure that went by and be super easy to catch. But that wasn't the case either. We have our club classic next weekend and I know it will be a mad house with two giant tourneys going on. Our timing was terrible on this one.
    I'd be looking at rescheduling. Small clubs have good flexibility. The lake will be a mad house without much catching going on. That much pressure with an already super tough bite will mean very few fish weighed at a club classic, which is not what you want.

I caught a few fish that were rails dating back to end of July. The most recent in September was a fish that weighed a hair over 4lb with a 6lb head.

18. Member
    I'd be looking at rescheduling. Small clubs have good flexibility. The lake will be a mad house without much catching going on. That much pressure with an already super tough bite will mean very few fish weighed at a club classic, which is not what you want.

I caught a few fish that were rails dating back to end of July. The most recent in September was a fish that weighed a hair over 4lb with a 6lb head.
    I wish we could reschedule or pick a different lake but it's not happening.

19. Banned
    Yeah, i think or it is my opinion that is due more to stress than lack of baitfish. Barren has been seeing this for the past few years and it has finally hit a low point that almost everyone will admit. You always see the questions about how far bass travel after weigh ins but it seems very few studies have been done. Maybe the fish just can't feed in an unfamiliar part of lake? Wouldn't they have been there otherwise?

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Yeah, i think or it is my opinion that is due more to stress than lack of baitfish. Barren has been seeing this for the past few years and it has finally hit a low point that almost everyone will admit. You always see the questions about how far bass travel after weigh ins but it seems very few studies have been done. Maybe the fish just can't feed in an unfamiliar part of lake? Wouldn't they have been there otherwise?
    Interesting,because when i fished below the dam thus summer the majority of the fish looked as you described.It was also stated by others as well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast