compound vs. crossbow

Looking at purchasing first bow. Pros and cons? How would one decide which to purchase? any suggestions? Thanks

2. Member
    Same boat as you about two weeks ago. I chose compound because I wanted the experience and just about anyone can shoot a crossbow. Use to be only people who had a disability could hunt with crossbows (at least in my county) but now you can do either or. Any compound brand will do just fine but have heard some crossbows brands giving problems. If you have zero back and shoulder problems I'd say go compound. It's not as fast as a crossbow but it is a cool and addictive experience just be prepared to spend at least $550. I bought everything on sale the bow was 319.00 so expect about $250 in getting the extras like broadheads, release, arrows, field points for practice, plus any upgrade you may want to put on the bow you choose like the peep sight (which I highly recommend doing which is only 9.00). I bought the blackout intrigue compound and fits me perfect. Im 5,4 and my draw length is about a 25. My brother bought the exact bow and he is 6ft with a draw length of 29. Also would recommend any RTH (ready to hunt) bow packages.

3. Member
    I don't own a crossbow. From what I've been told by dealers, a crossbow is NOT meant to be taken out and shot often or practice with. They won't hold up. Meant to be sighted in and hunted with. NOT shot often.