Pole only goes down halfway after hose replacement

I had to replace the hoses on my Powerpole due to a split hose. I did the rebuild kit while I had it apart. Now, when I try to deploy the pole it will only go down a few inches below parallel with the water surface. To clarify, the "top" part of the pole is just submerged in the water when it stops moving. What can I do to fix this?

I attempted to connect to it with my iPhone but when I clicked on the pole in the Bluetooth settings it told me that it couldn't connect and now it doesn't show up at all in the list of bluetooth devices.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    was it a busing rebuild kit? sounds to me like the pivot bolts were over tightened after you installed the rebuild kit lossen the pivot bolts and retry they should be just snug. as far as connecting to you may have to delete the app and redownload. Also could be trapped air in the line after hose replacement.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 09-10-2017 at 11:23 AM.

3. Member
    Confession time. I'm pretty mechanically inclined. Do all my own maintenance. Install suspension parts on cars. Do a ton of work on my old CJ7.
    However...

When I took the spike out and let the pole down in the driveway it was immediately apparent that I had put the support piece at the end of the piston in backwards and it was hitting the shaft when the pole got to that point. A quick removal and reinstall and it works perfectly. What a dummy.

This sounded like a bad medical problem
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    That will do it ..glad its fixed

6. Member
    I had to remove the spike to see it. It wouldn't go down far enough in the garage with the spike in and of course, I couldn't see the problem in the water. Oh well. Someone will do a search oaths one day and here will be the answer. haha