Thread: Z20 or Z21

Z20 or Z21

I have been a happy owner of a Z8. The boat has performed very well for me. I'm starting to get the itch for a new ride. I fish with my son who's in the 6'3 range and a buddy who is a full blown 300lbr. I fish local ponds 85% of the time the rest is on the POtomac or Erie.

For those of you who know is the Z21 nimble? Does it load reasonably well. Everyone tells me the Z20 handles like the 8 but faster. I guess I'm trying to justify the extra cash for the space. Thanks in advance....

2. Member
    I have zero issues with my z21. I love the extra room and the better ride you get from the bigger boat is a no brainier for me. If you liked the Z8 you will love the Z21 for sure on Erie.

3. Member
    I have a 20 and my bud has an 8. I don't think they handle the same at all. His 8 has a more stable ride and is way better at mid range than my 20.

4. Member
    Thanks for the input from hoytrb & Jig Man

Jig Man - are you happy with your Z20 overall?

5. Member
    Now that I have consigned myself to the mid range bouncing I probably am. If I had do overs I'd leave off the power poles to get rid of some of the stern weight.

6. Member
    Go with the Z21. I had a 2010 Z8 and went from that to a Z21. The Z21 has a awesome ride and is much more driveable than the Z8. Ive not had mine in super big water about 2.5 foot is the biggest ive been in
    and I just got on top of them and ran like the water was flat. I love a 20ft boat but I have no regrets in getting a Z21. You will be amazed at how much of a better handling boat it is
    Keith Thomas
    2016 Nitro Z21
    Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    I just recently went from a 20' ranger to a z21. People thought I was crazy but the ride is amazing in this boat. The very first time I had it out it got super rough and turned into 5 footers. At no time did I ever feel worried. It kept the nose up well and handled them as good as any bass boat possibly could. In smoother water this thing is very nimble for the size of the thing. This boat is HUGE. You could fish your with your buddy and your son at the same time no problem.

8. Member
    I've driven and ridden in both and liked each of them. If I had to choose I would go with the Z20. It felt more nimble to me and was definitely faster. I like the slightly shorter/lighter boat with the 250.

9. Member
    If you want a faster boat, 3-4mph -Z20
    If you want more storage and stability in the chop - Z21

10. Member
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback..