2004 Tr196 seats to 2012 ideas/help

Pulled the trigger on a set of like new 2012 buckets and center seat. Was going to go the recover route but came across this set for $400. The 2012 are adjustable with the sas system. Already removed the old ones, new seats should be here this week. The new seats have the brackets that mount to the fiberglass bench, was wondering if anyone has done this conversion or has any tips in their installation. I know the gas tank is below and I'm very leary of putting any holes through it!Thanks any help guys!

2. Member
    Personally I would pull the platform the seats sit on and determine what route to take for the best way to mount the seats. It's not hard to remove the tank cover and sure beats drilling a hole in it.
    Rocket

3. Member
    Thanks for the info, didn't realize the whole bench came apart. That sounds like the best option, do it right the first time!

Post up results please
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

5. Member
    I would also like to see how it turns out, post pics
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

6. Member
    Got them in this weekend, wasn't as straight forward as I thought it would be. I'll post some pics this evening.

Waiting for some pics and more info. Can you go into detail as to why it wasn't as straight forward as you thought?
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

8. Member
    Trying on the pics, I'll get them up soon. The issue I ran into was the 2014 seats mount on adjustable brackets. In order to mount them I had to drill 12 holes on the fiberglass bench where the seats rest. The distance between the fiberglass bench and the gas tank below didn't allow me to bolt them down with the supplied bolts. Short of cutting a hole to gain access, the only way to do it was short stainless screws that gave me a 1" clearance. It was nerve racking even drilling the pilot holes. I was able to maneuver a metal plate under the area I was drilling, but was still sketchy. The brackets were rock solid though with no play. I wanted to mount them the way my old seats were, but there was no way to access the middle of the seat to bolt it through the seat back into the fiberglass above the tank. If you're interested in pics pm me and I can text you some. Don't be discouraged from doing it, I have heard Carol from C&O Marine can custom make new style seats that mount like you're old seats.