Late model rod locker length?

Looking at new x19 but need to know the rod locker length. I believe 14's and newer use the left side locker ILO the center box. I'm old school and considering pulling out the tubes to carry more rods.

Can anyone one tell me the min/max rod length and if anyone has pulled the tubes bundle?
    Last edited by Finlander; 09-09-2017 at 05:02 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Looking at new x19 but need to know the rod locker length. I believe 14's and newer use the left side locker ILO the center box. I'm old school and considering pulling out the tubes to carry more rods.

Can anyone one tell me the min/max rod length and if anyone has pulled the tubes bundle?
    I crappie fish a good bit and fish some long rods and a good bit of spinning rods with bigger eyes. Those did not work at all in the tubes so I pulled the tubes out right away. It's not as nice and they don't stay untangled all the time but I can get rods up to 8.5' in there and of course no issues with the larger eyes. I have heard others who took the tubes out and use rod socks to keep them from tangling and they seem to be happy as well. I have seen a lot of pictures of those who took the tubes out but built a nice front section out of starboard with foam inserts for the rods to go through that looked a lot better than the small tubes that catch the eyes. Look in the threads for modifications and you will see some pictures of what others have done.

Thanks...The tubes are problematic and limiting. I do not have a dealer close by and wanted to avoid a long trip just to validate this one requirement. It's time to make a road trip.

4. Member
    I don't have tubes in my '08 and utilize the left side locker.
    I 'stick jacket' all my rods as well.

I typically have 22-24rods in that locker at any time. 6-7 of those will be spinning rods. Most of them are 7', with a few being 6'6", 2 being 6', and 1 being 7'6".

I hope it helps.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

5. Member
    I have a 2017 and I pulled the tubes out. I keep several 8' rods in there. I put rod jackets on all my rods.

Thanks guys...!