Tritons Moving Forward

Just curious guys if you think that Triton will do any upgrades to the deck layout or features moving forward. Seems other companies are really finding new ways to add storage and/or layout boats to enhance convenience etc... I love my Triton, and love how they ride, but they just need some facelifts inside. I know the 18's are basically the same rigs, but wasn't sure if Triton had plans to try and compete with what is hitting the market on other rigs in future years. Few years away from a new boat, and look forward to see how things evolve moving forward. Tons of quality boats out today, hope to see Triton get a bit more innovative.

2. Member
    What at e you missing in innovation ..?

3. Member
    More or less the layouts, haven't changed much over the years. not bashing Triton, I love my Triton, just hoping they keep up with the times as other companies continue to do so. It's the little things, like adding a day box, or designing compartments that don't require to move your rods... Also think they can improve the console itself... Again, this is not a bashing thread, just wondering if we think Triton will continue to evolve or if we think we will get more of the same each year. I know if I want a day box or something else I listed I can go buy another brand, but sure nice to see Triton break their mold and add some new features. Plan to buy another Triton, but also a creature of habit, we all have a wish list...

4. Banned
    I like the day box idea but wish my 22 had the center storage like the 21 does. I like the consoles and everything else especially the bigger cooler in the step.

5. Member
    Yes more storage to carry more things you don't use any more. I had an old Stratos when I bought my Triton and I cleaned out all the compartments when I sold it and never put most of the lures and plastics back in the boat. I figured out if I didn't use them to take them out of the boat and leave them home. I had stuff in there that was ten years old and it worked when I bought it but I quit using it but left it in the boat, never again.

The TRX series of boats has been a total makeover compared to previous models. I've always thought Triton has had the best layouts of any boat brand.

7. Banned
    ^^^ Yep they did a major overhaul with the TRX models just a few years ago. Triton has always had a very good layout, in fact, one of the best in my opinion. If it isn't broke why fix it? I think companies like BassCat hurt themselves with potential customers by having such unusual and varied layouts between all the models.

8. Member
    It's called diversity vs cookie-cutter. :) Look at all the different vehicles Chevy sells. Do you want them all to be exactly the same except for length?

I'd want everything to look like a truck. My wife would want everything to look/ride like a car.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

9. Member
    I started out with a tr186 went to a 21 hp now in a trx21 all three were layed out a little differently the trx is the best with the. Bigger consoles ,the bigger ice chest ,the center seat storage,
    i had the day box in my old glastron and my old caddo had a regular plastic glove box up in front of the stick steering ,I don't want to see triton go backwards in design.

Hope they dont change anything.....the TRX line has the best storage layout in the industy......hope they dont screw up like skeeter did with a new layout that is horrible

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinger N Ok View Post
    The TRX series of boats has been a total makeover compared to previous models. I've always thought Triton has had the best layouts of any boat brand.
    Agreed!!!