1997 Champion 186dcx repowering to 175 verado chipped to 225.

Hi guys I have a 97 champ 186, currently has a Merc 150xr6, runs 58mph loaded with 2 guys. 64mph is fastest I've been with just myself and low tanks. I am currently looking at a 2011 Mercury verado 175 that is chipped to a 225. Motor has 1000 hours, was previously owned by a local guide and was taken care of very well. Should I be worried about the hours? Allways been a 2 stroke guy. I'm waiting for the rpm hour sheet. He is asking 8000$ Canadian with no controls. And also what would that motor push my 186 too if I prop it out? I like speed btw. Thanks again

2. Member
    it cost my buddy about $3k to have a verado put on his boat.Steering and gauges are all different.

3. Member
    The VROD is heavy. Make sure that your boat can handle the weight. Being a guide boat it is probably high hours. But, the motor will last a long time as long as you do not run into supercharger problems. I am unsure of what the mod to the motor did but it could have caused additional wear and strain on the motor. Something else to think about.

4. Member
    Thinking extra weight a HP may be too much for the transom. Good luck whatever you decide.

My 200 verado 4 cyl weighs 503 lbs according to its tag...the 4 cyl models are about the same as an opti. weight wise. I am interested in the computer flash once my warranty is up.