Trim motor 2009 175 hpdi

Hello,
    yesterday I noticed my trim motor sounded a little off when I got home and lowered the motor. Seemed to only sound different toward the end of the down range. I know nothing about trim motors. I don't see any fluid or anything like that. Just wondering how concerned I should be...was told that changing the fluid would possibly help on a motor with a lot of hours but that they don't reall go bad unless there's a leaky seal. Any insight much appreciated!
    Thanks

I just changed my trim motor on a 2009 HPDI Series2, 200HP. Mine got so bad it would barely lift the motor at times, weak then strong, weak then strong. Contact the folks at ProMarineUSA for an aftermarket trim motor. Mine was about $160. Yamaha OEM is about $550. Not that hard of a job with only four 10mm bolts holding down the little motor. Make sure and fill up the fluid after you install the new one and bleed the system by raising/lowering multiple times.

3. Member
    Was it the motor? Be sure you keep grease on the end of the trim arms. Once dry they can create some noise ( grind, squeal)

4. Member
    Yeah greased it all up but it didn't make any difference. It just sounds tired after I trim it for a decent amount of travel. I don't think it is slowing down just sounds tired.

5. Member
    I am wondering if it is battery related but the voltage read out on my graphs don't show a drop when the trim starts sound tires. Not sure how I can definitely tell if its battery related or not.

6. Member
    You'll be able to tell if the seals are leaking. Will be dirty in and around the Rams. You may try bleeding your trim unit to make sure all air is out. Wouldn't be a bad idea just to remove and replace the fluid. I found a few videos on you tube which takes you through the steps. Not a difficult job.

7. Member
    Thank you will check the rams for dirt/leaks