Looking for info

I am currently running a Basscat, I was a past Bullet owner in the days of the 2.5L motors, I had a 99 20' xdc and it was a awesome boat, I am wanting to get back into a bullet and want to go back with a 20 xd or xrd. My concern is can the 20' boat hold the 3.0L motors, I know there is a considerable weight difference from the 2.5 to the 3.0L. I have no concern that the boat will handle the power and performance side of the 3.0L. Will it float the 3.0L high enough out of the water to keep from taking water across the back deck when fishing in the wind especially when fishing with a partner in team events. I know there s a lot of bullet owners around, just not sure how many are running 20 footers with 3.0L outboards. Any info will be helpful.

Tons of 3L motors on 20's. I have ran both and love a 3L on a 20- no problems at all and i run 15" setback!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

No issues with mine at 14"s of set back...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Thanks, I was just concerned with the extra weight on the back of the boat. If the people what have them say no problems with the 3.0L on the 20' boats, then its onto the next stage for me, Getting quotes and trying to possibly order a new one.

Dont let it concern you in the slightest. Be sure to let us know what you get so we can wait with you

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    I'm running a 300xs on my 20XD, zero issues. LOVE IT

7. Member
    Here in Arkansas we have no bullet dealers, Do you guys have a recommendation to a good trust worthy honest bullet dealer. Preferably within a few hours drive. And If and when et to make this near future purchase I will show it off here first.

8. Member
    Where are you located in Arkansas?

Is rothwell still selling bullets they might be close to you
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

10. Member
    I am in central Arkansas and Greg and Marty no longer deal Bullet boats.

11. Member
    I think Greg and Marty dropped Bullet a couple a year back

Call bullet and see who close to here has one or can get you one. Ronnie at arkansas marine used to sell em and since they didnt dump him he may still be able to get you one. Other than that id go to anglers outpost marine or rockdale boat mart

13. Member
    I can put you in an 05 with a 250XS
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

There is also a new dealer here in Ohio freedom outdoors I know it's a long distance but if u can save money they got a brand new 2017 xrs with 250 merc for 55k
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

15. Hagen
    Not sure how much you have keep up with bullet but they recently released the 21sst. Might be something that interests you also.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

16. Member
    Thanks for the responses, i have alway loved Bullet since the First Bullet i bought from What used to be Ozark Marine Here in Arkansaw. It was unforseen circumstances that led me to get rid of my first Bullet. I have had several boats since my first bullet but have always been unsatisfied with them. Bullet got my attention with my first Bullet, And i can say with all Honesty i aint found another boat that can Compare to Bullet. I Had a Bad azz stratos, It was one of thier sure enuff bad boys that they made, It was a Stratos ASX, it would run, GPS upper 80's with a hydromotive prop i had custom built for that boat, But it was no comparison to my 20 xdc i had. I have always said that if i had the finances and the ability i would get me another Bullet. Well i am at that point now, and there aint but one way to scratch the itch i have and that is to Buy my next Boat, "BULLET". Tried and true, My 20 xdc was tuff as nail and i can honestly say i put it thru the paces while i had it to.

I agree, there's nothin like a Bullet! Good luck in finding you one!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

18. Member
    You probably bought your Bullet from Larry James, give me a call, I'll help you all I can, I'm in Maumelle and have a 21RDC with a 300XS, be glad to take you for a test drive and get you hooked up with a good dealer, Chris at C and O in Tenn. is a good guy, bought mine from Rockdale Boat Mart in Kentucky but he doesn't carry Bullet any more send me a pm