Restoring gelcoat question.

Going to be using the ProTec line of products to restore my gelcoat. Have a question for anyone else that has done it before. Did you do only the top cap and sides or did you also do the bottom of the hull also? Just seems like getting to the bottom would be a pain for some place people don't really ever see.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    Going to be using the ProTec line of products to restore my gelcoat. Have a question for anyone else that has done it before. Did you do only the top cap and sides or did you also do the bottom of the hull also? Just seems like getting to the bottom would be a pain for some place people don't really ever see.
    i just went though this process in august restoring back the gelcoat on my 1989 Cajun bass boat (see Cajun subforum for pics)

i went ahead and did the hull of the boat, some places needed to be done by hand due to the difficult areas being on the trailer but I say if you're going to do all that work might as well do it all the first time!

I very seldom have a customer that ask for any sanding/buffing on the bottom. Whatever you do don't do the running surface.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com