Thread: Bunk Carpet

Bunk Carpet

How soon has anyone had to replace the carpet on their bunks? My 2017 Z18 I've had for about a year now and the bunks are starting to scratch the hull.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems way too quick to have to replace the carpet already.

Thanks

2. Member
    I've replaced all my bunks on my 2010 due to severe rot 2 years ago. Basically it was about 5 years old. Replaced with dried our pressure treated 2*4 and marine carpet from Amazon. Easy fix
    2010 Z-7 Mercury 150 Optimax,
    Keel guard, pro trim,
    Humminbird Electronics
    Western Mass.

They all scratch. Don't worry about it. It only makes your boat faster. Anyways if you can't accept that, after you replace the carpet don't power load and you won't get nearly as much sand in the carpet. I have had my 2015 nitro on and off the trailer about 185 times so far and carpet is nearly mint.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

After many years and a few boats, only replaced carpet & bunks once on a ski boat trailer. had 2 rear bunk brackets needed rewelded, so left boat at lake and took trailer to town for the weld, back at park ramp, replaced the bunks, made at home and took along. Used treated wood, then painted then with thompsons infused paint. then used a thick pile marine carpet. after done. jumped in boat and rode around and fished some, then loaded up for home. I back in a little deeper so more of a guided float on trailer, about 1/2 way on it starts to touch just a slight goose of gas its done, and I unload deep so float off.

5. Member
    Had to replace the two main ones at 3.5yrs which was surprising and then the remainder at just under 4yrs. They don't make them like they used to...LOL For the amount of fishing I get to do, they should have lasted much longer especially in this climate...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys......I'll let you know how it goes....thanks

I replaced mine on my 2010 Z9 trailer last year because the wood rotted. I used bunk carpet from a marine dealer with treated lumber.