Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Praying Praying for you guys

Hope all stay safe
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

2. Member
    Thanks! Hope it turns and stays out east of Florida. But hoping never normally gets me anywhere.

3. Member
    x2

4. Member
    We had our arse handed to us in Aug of 2016 with the Great Flood of 2016 in S La. I myself lost everything in my house as well as the whole house with 4' of water. I pray y'all weather the storm well as I have many dear friends in Lakeland. Which if I have my way will be my retirement area, I love me some Florida. Stay safe guys!!!! Will be thinking and praying for y'all.

This sucks!!!!

Take a shot of whiskey every time Jim Cantore says "hunker down", then climb your chimney and do your best Lieutenant Dan impersonation.

Patch Pirate In Training
    XPress H20B 115HP Yamaha
    Raymarine a78
    https://bigbassflies.blogspot.com

7. Member

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    We decided we are leaving Sunday morning and going to Birmingham, I'll return Tuesday morning and check damage and get the generator fired up.

9. Member
    Thanks to everyone keeping us in thought. Hopefully Irma takes a drastic turn into the Atlantic but at this point it's not looking good. All my fellow Floridians be safe and hunker down.

Why hasn't Florida reversed the south bound lanes? Here in SC, when we have evacuations, all major roads are one way only. I 26, 17A was from 61 to I 95, 78 from Summerville to I 95, etc. the locals know how to get around with the road reversals.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelsore View Post
    Why hasn't Florida reversed the south bound lanes? Here in SC, when we have evacuations, all major roads are one way only. I 26, 17A was from 61 to I 95, 78 from Summerville to I 95, etc. the locals know how to get around with the road reversals.
    My understanding is they have not reversed the south bound lanes yet because they were trying to get gas tankers south to the gas stations. Would imagine that they will reverse them before long

12. Member
    Being directly involved in these conversations at the state EOC I can tell you that at this point they felt the traffic was flowing good enough that it wasn't necessary and would cause more harm than good. The biggest problem with this evacuation hasn't been the traffic, it's been fuel. The major problem is with Harvey having just hit Houston the flow of fuel was already reduced and the crazy spike in demand simply maxed out the supply.

I figured Harvey put gas in a bind as there are gas stations here without any gas. Seen 2 stations along 17 S (Savannah HWY) yesterday that was out of gas from people on the barrier islands leaving.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

14. Member
    FHP is not going to reverse the southbound lane.
    As noted, it's unnecessary. Traffic is moving.
    Most have evacuated that planned to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Being directly involved in these conversations at the state EOC ...
    I retired from the Florida Public Service Commission last year. If was still working I would be coordinating the PSC volunteers for SERT. They were on the phone all through the night Thursday night into Friday morning. The calls didn't slow down until 3 a.m.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

17. Member
    Thanks guys for all your thoughts and prayers. Looks like those of us in the Tampa area are going to need them.

My family and I are staying put. Today boarded up windows and got everything off the patio. Generator is full as is an additionally 5gal can. I wish I would have thought to full the boat up earlier and siphoned fuel from it to feed my generator. Oh well. Got water to drink along with a couple very large plastic storage tus full of water sitting in my tub (tub does not hold water or I would have filled it.

Worst for us is projected to be 2am Monday morning so I should get a good feel for how much damage at day break.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

18. Member
    Be safe ... we are hiding in Plant City.
    Fully prepared for power/water outage.
    Need roof to hold up.

19. Member
    Hope everything turns out OK for you guys. Keep your heads down and good luck.

20. Banned
    Be safe ... we are hiding in Plant City.

If You do see 'Bob' tell Him I said 'ello' ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast