Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @doublew I was at 5" prop to pad on Saturday. It felt a little too low, Im going to go up a 1/4", which will be 1/4" lower than where it was originally. I think that would be the perfect height, even tho I still won't be able to turn 6k. I was thinking about trying a smaller diameter prop.

@t-bob. I am not against another brand, this PT is just what came with the boat. Its just finding a place that willing to let me test propellers is tough, I found a , I'll try giving them a call. BoatStuf will let me test, but they charge like $50 for each prop. When you say a turbo prop, are you just talking about the Turbo brand in general or do you have the Turbo 1 prop? I'm on their website and I see the Turbo 1, Lighting etc.

2. Member
    Most of the guys here were able to aquire the Turbo FXP props before they apparently started making them out of unobtainium. The Tempest Plus is turning out to be pretty good and its available now. Good luck!
    2018 Express X19 Yamaha 175 VMAX SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Troy1985 View Post
    @t-bob. I am not against another brand, this PT is just what came with the boat. Its just finding a place that willing to let me test propellers is tough, I found a , I'll try giving them a call. BoatStuf will let me test, but they charge like $50 for each prop. When you say a turbo prop, are you just talking about the Turbo brand in general or do you have the Turbo 1 prop? I'm on their website and I see the Turbo 1, Lighting etc.
    They put PT props on all the Xpress boats from the factory. Not sure why because none of their testing numbers they advertise are run with a PT prop......hmmmmmm wonder why?!?!

Yes, the Turbo 1, lightning, or the 2+2 would all be good choices once you determine what pitch you need.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

I called Xpress today to get a performance Bulletin. They didn't have one for my exact boat, but they rep sent me one that is almost exactly the same, same hull design and about the same weight, its just 3" longer than my boat. I asked him about props, he said PowerTech is "a good prop for the price". The testing they do is with Yamaha Props, and said you will get more speed from a Yamaha prop, but its more expensive. Posted below is what they sent me. If you look at the Specs, they are running a 23 pitch, I just can't imagine my engine turning a 23 at almost 6k........but the numbers are there.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12