Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

NFL Michael Bennett

Heard the police version this morning. Seems at the time he told police he understood what they were doing but now him and his brother are crying. What are the police supposed to do? They were responding to what they thought was an active shooter and Bennnett was running. Wish both these guys would just go away. Perhaps they feel they would be treated better in another counrty

2. Banned
    I guess I missed this, have no clue what's going on?

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    "They were responding to what they thought was an active shooter and Bennnett was running." and????

If there is an active shooter situation what are they expecting to find, people standing around waving at the shooter?

4. Member
    Yeah no kidding. Hey Jim ever had a gun pointed at you and told I'll blow you away if you move. Doubt it. I'd be pissed too.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    "They were responding to what they thought was an active shooter and Bennnett was running." and????

If there is an active shooter situation what are they expecting to find, people standing around waving at the shooter?
    i was thinking the same thing. I would be running too. And we know the police is telling the truth they always do. 😇

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    Yeah no kidding. Hey Jim ever had a gun pointed at you and told I'll blow you away if you move. Doubt it. I'd be pissed too.
    No kidding. So the cop should have been nicer? Three sides to the story. Cops also said he was crouching down so they have to assume he is a possible suspect. He was released 10 mins later

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post
    Heard the police version this morning. Seems at the time he told police he understood what they were doing but now him and his brother are crying. What are the police supposed to do? They were responding to what they thought was an active shooter and Bennnett was running. Wish both these guys would just go away. Perhaps they feel they would be treated better in another counrty

+1
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

8. Member
    What ever happened to asking questions before dragging someone to the ground and handcuffing them. It doesn't matter how soon he was released, the problem is that he was detained wrongfully in the first place.

+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Jim View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blankbait View Post
    What ever happened to asking questions before dragging someone to the ground and handcuffing them. It doesn't matter how soon he was released, the problem is that he was detained wrongfully in the first place.

The active shooter part may have had something to do with it.
    Maybe they should send a registered letter next time requiring a signature.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Why was Bennett the only one cuffed and stuffed?

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

12. Member
    Next time they have an active shooter situation you can go talk to the shooter instead of taking him down with force. See how that works out. If I'm in that situation I'm taking control first, then asking questions. It sucks for a few minutes but it's better than being dead. These clowns are just playing in to the whole race crap agenda

If police would just show up with balloon animals and talked in nice soft voices all of this could have been avoided.. ohh wait the active shooter thing

14. Member
    Maybe the cops are a bit skittish, with so many being ambushed.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    still waiting to hear why they thought he was the active shooter

16. Banned
    No doubt he had a gun drawn on him.... There will be more video to come im sure.

I also wonder why they thought he was the active shooter. Go look at the video of the police entry... It was a madhouse and how they picked him is amazing. crouching when there is a report of an active shooter is not suspicious, neither is jumping over a wall onto the street out front when police are yelling to get out.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    No doubt he had a gun drawn on him.... There will be more video to come im sure.

I also wonder why they thought he was the active shooter. Go look at the video of the police entry... It was a madhouse and how they picked him is amazing. crouching when there is a report of an active shooter is not suspicious, neither is jumping over a wall onto the street out front when police are yelling to get out.

That looks like a taser to me.

Cops have a job to do but people do have rights no matter what their skin color.... Both were prolly wrong in this situation and it's just getting worse buy them trying to point fingers...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Wow, living in our own world are we? Police have the right to detain anyone until the situation is under control. That is for their own safety. Bennett was not hurt so he should be extremely thankful the police arrived when they did. So tired of police bashing. A few bad eggs and people think it is all of the police. Be gone.

20. Member
    They told him not to move....he ran. Case closed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast