Report for Broken Bow?

Going to broken bow next week for 3 days. Looking for a report on bass, crappie or anything. Can anyone help me out?

Broken Bow: September 3. Elevation normal, water 83. Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass fair on crankbaits and plastic baits around brush structure, points and standing timber. Channel catfish fair on chicken liver, cut bait and punch bait along channels, in coves and around points. Report submitted by Dru Polk, game warden stationed in McCurtain County.

3. Banned
    Broken bow is about 6 ft. below normal if you go up lake/river make sure you know where to run those stumps on the flats are unforgiving. Fished two weeks ago caught fish baby brush hogs on points and top water chasing schoolers on the flats above the game reserve. Found a couple small mouth in Lindson creek where the creek splits. Didn't fish for crappie but did talk to and see the catch of a local that said he caught them 8-12' deep on minnows tied up to the big tree in the middle of the river next to the Holly Creek camp ground. Good luck let me know what you find I will be headed back down in a couple weeks.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Broken bow is about 6 ft. below normal if you go up lake/river make sure you know where to run those stumps on the flats are unforgiving. Fished two weeks ago caught fish baby brush hogs on points and top water chasing schoolers on the flats above the game reserve. Found a couple small mouth in Lindson creek where the creek splits. Didn't fish for crappie but did talk to and see the catch of a local that said he caught them 8-12' deep on minnows tied up to the big tree in the middle of the river next to the Holly Creek camp ground. Good luck let me know what you find I will be headed back down in a couple weeks.

Well ill I found the fishing to be pretty tough. Caught some spotted bass on a double plopper but that was about all we could manage. Never could find a good concentration of crappie although someone did as there were a bunch cleaned at the ramp. There seemed to be a lot of boats moving around so I think it may have been a tough weekend for everyone.

5. Banned
    It's been slow all year down there. I thought it was just my lack of abilities but the locals I talked to said bass has been slow all year.